BIAS FX Mobile turns your iOS device into an intuitive, portable and powerful guitar and bass effects processor. Take a massive collection of realistic sounding amps and effects to your next jam session, or to the stage. Plug-in and play anywhere you go!
Complete iOS Guitar Amps and Effects
- Hundreds of stunningly authentic amps and effects by Positive Grid
- LiveView turns your mobile device into a performance-ready processor
- Seamlessly open BIAS AMP models inside BIAS FX with one tap
- Download and share thousands of presets from ToneCloud™
WORLD-CLASS GUITAR PROCESSOR
BIAS FX Mobile turns your iOS device into an incredible sounding guitar amps and effects processor built on the backbone of our award-winning pro-level software. With an easy-to-use drag-and-drop interface, BIAS FX Mobile comes packed with a library of ultra-realistic boutique amps and a studio full of pro-level effects and the hottest guitar pedals.
POWERFUL BIAS ECOSYSTEM
The BIAS collection of advanced guitar hardware and software is built on the most robust amps-and-effects engine in the industry. BIAS FX Mobile works seamlessly with BIAS AMP 2 and BIAS Pedal apps to allow limitless customization of guitar amps and pedals.
CUTTING EDGE AMP TONE
With our penchant for perfection, BIAS FX is built on the backbone of our amazing, ultra-real BIAS AMP 2 tone engine. It’s a radically different approach to tone creation. We joined forces with the world’s top artists, engineers and recording studios to ensure our amplifier circuits are mind-blowingly authentic and best in class. The result? Plug-in for an extraordinary playing experience with realistic touch response and ultra-responsive dynamics.
The BIAS FX universal app includes incredibly versatile, high-quality effects from vintage pedal simulations to newly added high-end rack effects. Mix, match and tweak to enter new sonic territory and create fantastic sounds never heard before. All effects are designed to work with BIAS FX’s easy-to-use, photo-realistic, drag and drop interface to dial in tone just like on analog studio gear.
The BIAS FX mobile app also allows users to connect to our ToneCloud, where players can find thousands of amps and effects configurations created by artists, producers, and engineers from all over the world. You will never run out of inspiration, as the ToneCloud library grows daily. Settings can easily be downloaded and shared.
- Extremely intuitive operation
- Unrivaled, component-level simulation, analog-like sound quality
- Over 20 classic BIAS amps, import any amp models from BIAS AMP 2
- 81 high-quality effect pedals with brand new sound-processing algorithms
- 5 ultra-professional rack processors that sound like high-end analog gear
- 74 factory presets. Finding your tone is a no-brainer.
- Full integration with BIAS AMP 2 gives you unprecedented control over designing your own fully customized amps
- Dual signal path and dual amp processing
- Brand new splitter switches between and combines dual signal paths, adjusting the level and frequency range for each path to give you more tone-shaping possibilities
- LiveView mode lets you recall any preset with a single tap and toggle on/off any single effect or category of effects
- Pedalboard View shows all the effects and amps in the currently loaded preset at once
- Global Settings optimizes BIAS FX's output to sound the best in any environment—including sending to a mixer, amp head or combo or stack power amp—by letting you EQ and selectively deactivate the app's preamp, tone stack, power amp, and cab separately for each destination.
- Full MIDI compatible
- Supports IAA (Inter-App Audio) to expand your sound creativities.
Supported Audio Interface: iRig (all series), Apogee Jam/Jam Plus, Focusrite iTrack Solo, Shure MVi, Korg plugKEY, iConnect AUDIO and all MFi or Class Compliant audio interfaces with Lightning to USB adapter.
This update is for fixing some minor issues and stability maintenance.
The Positive Grid Team
Ratings and Reviews
Good god I love it
I can’t believe I still had my old 1st gen iRig. I got the ultimate license for $31 off of the website, there was a sale haha. It’s actually still going right now!
I’m a metal head.. I’m a tone chaser.. I am impressed.. also I don’t know the quality of the 1st gen iRig would work, but I tried it this morning and I haven’t stopped, and I got a pair of semi open back headphones.. I love Djent.. deathcore.. hardcore.. so I go for some specific tones. The fact that I found anything heavy enough to mimic Meshuggah or even THALL tones without any mud.. again very impressed 🙏🙏.
Update Aug 23, 2020
Been using this on my iPad with a MeloAudio floorboard/MIDI controller, and EXP-100 expression pedal of same brand, and it works amazingly. It’s of that I went searching how to get that working and the truth was even those in pros studios didn’t know how to control it. There is full a functioning midi brain in there. All I did was google how to understand midi controls. BAM. Been using the expression pedal for the WAH and the Whammy knock off pitch shifter. Love it all! On top of that I have multiple rigs on different channels. I’m still making new sound channels I have C and D left on page 2 right now.. so that’s 6 channels/setups/rigs/ with multiple amps in each one. I still haven’t upgraded to Bias FX mobile 2. No need to.
No longer working as of ipados 14
Since updating, the app simply tries to load and crashes seconds into any attempt to open. The site says this is a discontinued product, and I’ve found nothing online about this issue, so this leads me to believe there is no plan to resolve this. I used the app every day prior. I’ve been using fx 2 since, but only because of this. While I enjoy the app more overall, the fact that I purchased an ultimate license, all expansions, etc. for 1 only to be expected to pay for the vast majority of it again in 2 even though they’re the same pedals and amps is ridiculous. Now it seems the legacy product won’t be supported even to the degree of making sure it functions. This is the best guitar software of its kind, period. But it’s insulting to have to pay for the same things twice, just because, with no regard for the fact that I had purchased all I could from them to begin with. Now, it seems like the fact that I was a loyal customer prior to this has been completely disregarded. If this all shakes out like it appears to be, this may be the most disappointed I’ve ever been in a purchase, period, not just app/software wise.
we need an improvement for the live controls
I think the preset and effect controls were designed more for recordings than for live playing, I'm always playing the guitar live using a MIDI controller pedal and an audio interface and I feel it sounds great. but when I’m changing presets a cut in the sound occurs and the reverb and the delays stop working, that's frustrating. it would be excellent if they added a function similar to the snapshots in line6 Hilex to change predetermined effects in a single preset. in this way we avoid the sound cuts and the ambient effects can continue working, it is only a suggestion. I hope it makes sense and thanks.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Positive Grid Inc
- 712.2 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
English, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2018 Positive Grid Inc
- In-App Purchases
- Analog Effects Pack $9.99
- Effect Powerhouse Pack $9.99
- BIAS FX - Ultimate License $64.99
- Classic Effects Pack $9.99
- Metal Signature $9.99
- Studio Rack Pack $9.99
- Bass Expansion Pack $9.99
- Acoustic Pack $9.99
- BIAS FX - Essential License $19.99
- Amp Arsenal Pack $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.