Bible app is simple, elegant and beautiful. It's an easy to navigate offline Bible app for Mac that has a smart UI and many useful features. It allows you to sneak into the sacred scriptures without the confusion of the Internet.
Sync your Marked, Journals, Sermons, Prayers with iCloud,
Top Features of Bible App:
• Completely revamped design.
• Search books, verse with chapter and verse number.
• Decrease or increase font size.
• Choose from 12 background colors to read Bible in the app preference.
• Choose from 10 font styles to read Bible in the app preference.
• Increase or decrease the speed of speech.
• Change the background color of the presentation view.
• Hide left pane which the consist book list.
• Now search bible with book name, verse number.
• Find highlighted verses sorted into different colors.
• Now save journals into different folders.
• Add sermons: Take notes with voice recording.
• Bible Concordance is added.
• More than 50 new Bible Versions have been added.
• At the bottom, character and line counts are added in both Journal and Sermon sections.
• You can add attachments (document, photos, files) with each journal and save them in the app. You can view the attached files simply by clicking the thumbnails.
• A desktop Widget is added that shows Daily Verses in two different backgrounds, Light and Dark.
• Daily Verse can be accessed in the Notification Center. Users can add the App Extension in Notification Center and browse Daily Verse.
• Easy-to-navigate smart UI.
• Add more than 600 Bible Versions/Translations into the App. (See the list below)
• Write Journals or take notes and save them for future reference.
• Share Journals via all the available sharing options.
• Search Verse: Search the entire Bible with Keywords and get to a specific Chapter or Book.
• Parallel Reading: Open two different Bible Translations side by side and cross-refer.
• Option to scroll both Translations together or separately.
• Mark Bible Verses as Favorite and browse all of them in one place.
• Highlight Bible Verses with Color and browse all of them in one place.
• Copy Bible Verse from the app and paste anywhere.
• Daily Verse: Get inspirational Bible quotes daily on a small pop up.
• Speak Mode: The Bible reads out Bible Verses for you.
• Presentation Mode: Show scriptures from Bible to a projector screen or a secondary monitor in fullscreen.
• Hotkey integrations:
• Trigger Add Journal and Add Sermon window by Hotkey at the Menu bar.
• Spotlight Bible Search: Now search Bible verse, Journal and Sermon entries from a dedicated Search Bar which can be triggered by user-defined Hot Key. Check General Tab in App Preference window.
• Now add Sermon quickly from anywhere by pressing a user-defined Hotkey. Setup Hotkey in App Preference.
• Open Bible from MenuBar by pressing user-defined Hotkey. Setup Hotkey in App Preference.
• Now add Journal quickly from anywhere by pressing a user-defined Hotkey. Setup Hotkey in App Preference.
• Bible Translation name is shown in Mini-view mode.
• Improved Single-View Bible comparison between two different Translations.
• Highlight and mark Bible Verse as a favorite by using the MacBook Pro Touch Bar.
• Now you can schedule prayer meetings with title and description. List down your daily prayers and mark them complete when your wish is fulfilled.
We are using CloudKit to store users data. We are not keeping any data on our servers or anywhere, just only using CloudKit. We keep syncing Local CoreData with CloudKit.
iCloud sync will work only for followings:
1. Marking of Verses.
In the Dictionary tab, you can see some location's map.
Bible app has made Bible reading easier on Mac. Using the smartly designed UI, users can jump from one chapter to another very quickly without any issue. The powerful Search Verse will help to get your hands on to any chapter or verse in no time.
Try Bible app today!
We just improved the version and added all features request sent our lovely users. You will love this update. If you have any feedback, so let us know.
+ Improved Layout
Ratings and Reviews
Back on track with this app
I’ve been looking for something like this for awhile and so glad I bought this app. I have back problems and sit in a recliner every morning as it is the only comfortable place I can sit. Trying to have a bible and a journal in my lap was cumbersome, but with this app, it’s all in one place. (on my laptop!) Often I leave my Bible in the car on Sunday, and Monday morning when it’s cold outside I don’t want to go get it! That is no longer a problem with this app. It has the versions that I like and even a place to write out prayer, or it can be used as a reminder of who & what you want to pray for, as well as a journal where I can take notes about what I’m reading. I like that I can highlight passages and come back to them for further study. I am enjoying using this app, I find it very easy to navigate, and so far have had no issues with it.
* 8th day update…after one week of using this app, it has crashed 3 times. Also I have to go back to my “purchased apps” to open it becuase even though I chose to have to icon show up in my menu bar and on my desk top, it does not. This may be something I’m doing wrong, but I find this frustrating.
Developer Response ,
We've updated the app and fixed all issues, I hope you enjoy this update. We will be updating this app very frequently from now onwards. Please update and you will very much like this version :)
Very good Bible app
I think the Bible app is a really good app and I'm glad it still has the NIV 1984.
One issue I have with the app though is that even when the app has the focus, it's menu doesn't appear in the menu bar.
Also, it would be nice if the "Today's Verse" window updated automatically every day. It seems I have to force quit and restart the app for this to update.
Bugs in App
I just downloaded this app and paid for the upgrade. I like some of its options but have found a few things that do not seem to work. Perhaps I am doing something wrong but there is no sound when choosing the Read opton and when you RECORD notes on a passage, you cannot retrieve those recordings. They simply do not appear at all. What is the purpose of recording notes if you can't retrieve them. A paid version needs to work or be refunded. I like the study notes and layout so please advise if I am doing something wrong or fix bugs. Thank you.
Developer Response ,
Hi, thanks for your review.
There are two options - 'Read' and 'Speech'. 'Read' will make progressive highlighting only(no sound). Where as 'Speech' will generate speaking sound, in addition to highlighting.
RECORD : Audio recording is in 'Sermon' section only, and this works there.
We encourage you to send your suggestion to email@example.com.
We will be happy to serve you.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.