BibleScope is a Bible study application designed exclusively for the iPad, iPhone and iPod touch. This version of BibleScope features The Message and Easy to Read Version (ERV) translations of the Bible.
Other version of BibleScope available in the App Store:
· BibleScope with the NIV, The Message, and ERV
In addition to these great new translations, it includes all of the other translations from the regular version of BibleScope:
- King James Version (KJV)
- NET Bible (NSB)
- World English Bible (WEB)
- Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary,
- Spanish Reina Valera Antigua
- Easton's Bible Dictionary
Also available for free download from within BibleScope are the following translations and commentaries:
- KJV with Strongs
- Young's Literal Translation
- Darby Translation
- Darby's Commentary
- Spanish Sagradas Escrituras
- Portuguese Translation
- German Luther Translation
- Russian Translation
- Chinese Union Simplified and Traditional
- Latin Vulgate
- Turkish Translation
- Korean Revised Version
- Byzantine Greek New Testament with accents
- Treasury of Scripture Knowledge
- Adam Clarke Commentary
- Italian La Nuova Diodati
- Japanese Colloquial Bible
- John Gill Commentary
NOTE: I have some translations available for purchase from within BibleScope. Among these are:
- New International Version (NIV and NIrV)
- English Standard Version (ESV)
- New American Standard Bible (NASB)
- La Palabra de Dios Para Todos (PDT)
- Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
- Holman Christian Standard Study Bible
- New Living Translation (NLT)
· Notes can be entered for any verse by selecting the verse # as you are reading, or in the main Notes screen
· General notes can be used for capturing sermon or teachings that are not directly related to a single verse reference
· Add folders to your general notes to keep them organized
· Email the notes to a friend or somewhere else to share
· Sync your notes with my server so you always have a backup in case of a reinstall
· Edit your notes from a browser so you can add notes from other Bible sources and sync them back to your device
· Bookmarks can be entered for any verse by selecting the verse # as you are reading
· Organize your bookmarks by folders if you prefer to group some together
· Sync your bookmarks with the server so you always have a backup in case of a reinstall
· Add highlights to any verse by pressing the verse # and selecting highlighting mode.
· Choose from many different colors to highlight verses
· Keyword or phrase search to find key passages in the Bible
· Options to search in current book, OT, or the NT
· Search the Easton's dictionary for many common Bible definitions
· Landscape mode for viewing the text widescreen including a split-screen view.
· Navigate all books and chapters of the Bible using either a "wheel dial" selector, a table selection with a shortcut bar to the right side, or single page with buttons for the book,chapter, and verse.
· Settings screen inside BibleScope includes background, font, font size, colors and many more options to customize your experience.
· No Internet connection needed. All Bible content is locally within the app
· Bars at the top and bottom slide in/away with a press of the screen
· Split-screen display that shows two Bible versions simultaneously
· Words of Christ in red for the KJV, WEB, NIV, ESV, and NASB translations
· Verse history that keeps track of all navigated verses, and can easily navigate between them
· Daily devotional texts include Charles Spurgeon's Morning and Evening, Daily Path devotional, and a Daily Bible Reading selection. An additional screen is available for a daily reading plan to read through the Bible in a year.
More screenshots and information available at http://www.biblescopeapp.com
- Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Fantastic functionality and user interface!
This App is great! Can't say enough about it. I've been using the previous version up to this point. It wasn't difficult to decide on the upgrade to this "premium" edition of the application either. The version choices are outstanding with possibly more to come. The developer has continually improved the previous version and I'm sure will continue to do the same for this one. The upgrade in price is more than reasonable considering licensing fees with some of the versions. Keep up the great work, Kenny!
Clean functional application
Now I know the cool feature of the iPhone is the ability to get things off the net, but I think it is pretty useless to have a Bible available only through the web like most of the other iPhone Bible apps, plus even though the speed of the iPhone data is nice, it is still too slow for searching and jumping around the Bible. This one stores the Bibles on your phone for your use ANYTIME and ANYWHERE regardless of having data signal availability. That is worth the price of admission alone. The interface is nice. I am not sure if I am using it to the full potential but I cannot see where I can select, book, chapter, AND verse. If it is in there and I just cannot find it, then please tell me where it is. Often in bible class or during service, the reference given to you is down to the verse level.
Other than that, this app is excellent, stable, and an excellent price. I would recommend without hesitation. Plus, the developer replies to your inquiries in a timely manner. Let's you know he cares and that is a plus in my book that will keep me paying attention to his development endeavours.
The Best Bible App!
WOW! I just got this app and I am blown away by it. Great UI, and I love the full screen viewing! This app has pretty much every option I wanted for reading and study. I have looked at all the other major bible apps and this one is by far the best out of the ones I have seen. And for anyone who thinks that it is expensive they should look at the olivetree and the mantis apps; the biblescope pricing is very reasonable. Keep adding more commentaries and bible versions and this will be the perfect iphone bible rescource.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Kenny Ham
- 71.3 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Japanese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2008 Kenny Ham
- In-App Purchases
- NIV for BibleScope $15.99
- NASB for BibleScope $11.99
- ESV for BibleScope $15.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.