BibleScope is a Bible study application designed exclusively for the iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.
Other version of BibleScope available in the App Store:
· BibleScope with the NIV, The Message, and ERV
· BibleScope with the MSG and ERV
BibleScope includes these translations:
- King James Version (KJV)
- New Simplified Bible (NSB)
- World English Bible (WEB)
- Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary,
- Spanish Reina Valera Antigua
- Easton's Bible Dictionary
Also available for free download from within BibleScope are the following translations and commentaries:
- NET Bible
- KJV with Strongs
- Young's Literal Translation
- Darby Translation
- Darby's Commentary
- Spanish Sagradas Escrituras
- Portuguese Translation
- German Luther Translation
- Russian Translation
- Chinese Union Simplified and Traditional
- Latin Vulgate
- Turkish Translation
- Korean Revised Version
- Byzantine Greek New Testament with accents
- Treasury of Scripture Knowledge
- Adam Clarke Commentary
- Italian La Nuova Diodati
- Japanese Colloquial Bible
- John Gill Commentary
NOTE: I have some translations available for purchase from within BibleScope:
- New International Version (NIV and NIrV)
- English Standard Version (ESV)
- New American Standard Bible (NASB)
- La Palabra de Dios Para Todos (PDT)
- Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
· Notes can be entered for any verse by selecting the verse # as you are reading, or in the main Notes screen
· General notes can be used for capturing sermon or teachings that are not directly related to a single verse reference
· Add folders to your general notes to keep them organized
· Email the notes to a friend or somewhere else to share
· Sync your notes with my server so you always have a backup in case of a reinstall
· Edit your notes from a browser so you can add notes from other Bible sources and sync them back to your iPhone or iPod Touch
· Bookmarks can be entered for any verse by selecting the verse # as you are reading
· Organize your bookmarks by folders if you prefer to group some together
· Assign a name to each bookmark
· Sync your bookmarks with the server so you always have a backup in case of a reinstall
· Add highlights to any verse by pressing the verse # and selecting highlighting mode.
· Choose from many different colors to highlight verses
· Keyword or phrase search to find key passages in the Bible
· Options to search in current book, OT, or NT
· Search the Easton's dictionary for many common Bible definitions
· Landscape mode for viewing the text widescreen including a split-screen view.
· Navigate all books and chapters of the Bible using either a "wheel dial" selector, a table selection with a shortcut bar to the right side, or single page with buttons for the book,chapter, and verse.
· Settings screen inside BibleScope includes background, font, font size, colors and many more options to customize your experience.
· No Internet connection needed. All Bible content is locally within the app
· Bars at the top and bottom slide in/away with a press of the screen
· Split-screen display that shows two Bible versions simultaneously
· Words of Christ in red for the KJV, WEB, NIV, ESV, and NASB translations
· Verse history that keeps track of all navigated verses, and can easily navigate between them
· Daily devotional texts include Charles Spurgeon's Morning and Evening, Daily Path devotional, and a Daily Bible Reading selection. An additional screen is available for a daily reading plan to read through the Bible in a year.
More screenshots and information available at http://www.biblescopeapp.com
- Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Offline is the way to go
I purchased this bible first off because it requires no internet to run, LOVE!! that fact, it seems the wide range word search, book and chapter browser, book marks, easy chapter flipping, multi translations, notepad and the smooth operation makes it that much better.
There are though..with all apps, are some things I find would be great to have. It would be a who;e ;ot easyer to find your place if the verse numbers where a diffrent color than the rest of the text, and maybe if you could have the bible text up with the notepad when you open it and of course a more variety of translations such as NIV and NASV...
There is one defect that I find: When you search a popular word in the search box, the list of books it shows does not show the last if you have to scrole down, is does not show and stay at the bottom of the screen, but sinks below the screen making it impossible to open.
I concider this a true mobile ebible, comparing it to all of the others I read up on.
Simply the best ever
I have used this for years because I love the ease of moving between the translations And the great functionality of this app. Recently I was sad when I tried to use it because I couldn’t get to the chapters and verses on my new phone but then I saw a review that it didn’t work on zoom mode for the newest iPhone. That thrilled me because I realized I can now use it again. All I had to do was remove zoom mode and I’m off and running again with the best Bible app that has ever been !!! I am sure it must be ridiculous having to try to keep up with the speed these ios/phone platforms continually change yet I have been able to use this app for years and years. Thank you so much to the creator of this app for your faithfulness and the years of inspiration I have gained by having this in my pocket.
This was my go to app for so long. It no longer supports zoomed view on my new iPhone XS Max.
- Kenny Ham
- 53.4 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Japanese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2008 Kenny Ham
- In-App Purchases
- NIV for BibleScope $15.99
- NASB for BibleScope $11.99
- ESV for BibleScope $15.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.