This app is the most comprehensive bicycle repair guide in the AppStore.
This app acts as a mechanical lifeline whilst out riding - repair at the roadside & get home.
The Bicycle Maintenance Guide differs to other repair apps on the AppStore because it is one of the only apps to be packed with quality video content. Most other apps just content text and images.
The Bicycle Maintenance Guide app is unique and differs to other content found online, such as YouTube and Parktool, because the majority of the apps content can be found and accessed with no internet connection. This means you can use the app to help repair your bike even when you're out in the sticks with no internet connection, to get you home or to your local bike shop.
The app is the most expansive bicycle repair guide in the App Store with over 100 sections, 60 professionally filmed videos containing over 7.5 hours of footage, 180+ high resolution images and over 50,000 words.
The Bicycle Maintenance Guide app is a complete guide to bicycle repairs, shown and instructed by two world class bike mechanics - Mike Rawson and Chuck Buckley.
Mike is a Senior Service Technician at a top end bicycle company and was a Team GB Mechanic for 7 years, where he covered the Olympic Games, World Championships and European Cycling Tours.
Chuck was a Head Mechanic of a UK professional cycling team for a long period before returning to NZ where he now owns and runs a bike shop.
The app is broken up into 5 areas, these are:-
• Exclusive access to our private YouTube channel featuring 60 professionally shot HD video tutorials. These videos are not available on-line without this app.
• Each video tutorial is backed up with a list of tools required and fully presented step by step instructions with hi-resolution photographs.
• Comprehensive written tutorials backed up with high quality imagery to illustrate how to perform your own repairs
AT THE ROADSIDE
• An additional 8 video tutorials which can be viewed in an emergency whilst out riding.
• A unique feature with ‘get out of jail’ tricks that will get the rider home after a major breakdown at the roadside. One video shows how to use a £5 note to repair a torn tyre.
• Each of these videos also backed up with a list of tools required and fully presented step by step instructions with hi-resolution photographs.
• Annotated and clearly labelled hi-resolution photographs of each component on a bicycle. By fully explaining what each part does, the user will have a fuller understanding of the components, giving them the confidence to adjust and maintain that part.
• Easy to follow steps to help diagnose and remedy those common problems with your bicycle.
• Exclusive servicing guide written by Chuck Buckley encompassing weekly, monthly and annual servicing of your bicycle.
• Links to our social media pages and website.
• Link to email us with any questions or offer your feedback. We are always looking at ways to improve.
• Simply and fully explained instructions in plain English for both casual and serious riders alike.
NB. MAY NOT BE COMPATIBLE WITH OLDER DEVICES RUNNING iOS 9.3.5
eg. iPhone 4/4S, iPad (first generation).
This is a HUGE update which has nearly doubled the amount of content in the app - all things mountain bike, road, gravel are covered!
Ratings and Reviews
Well-thought out and High quality.
I’m not a pro mechanic, but I work at a bike shop and race on the road and ride gravel and cyclocross, with a little bit of off-season mountain biking, so I know my way around most bicycles. That said, I think I’ll likely end up learning some techniques from this on things I’ve only done once or twice and with supervision. Also, I think this is wonderful for those who aren’t mechanically inclined because like it or not, everyone will have to roadside repairs at some point and time. I myself, wouldn’t have thought about adjusting the high limit after a snapped derailleur cable, so that shows this is valuable information. $4 is more than I’d typically spend on an app, but I see that a lot of works been put into it, so I don’t mind.
Great App if you’re Looking to Become Your Own Mechanic or Save Some $$$
I was shown this app through sources on Facebook and decided to spend the money to check it out. Not only are there great instructions, but there are dozens of videos to help you out along the way. Although there is a ton of sources online for bike repair, this app is amazing because it consolidates all the information in one place. If you would like to become more proficient in bike repair or save money (I’ve personally saved hundreds of dollars), then this app is for you.
Great app to do your own bike maintenance
Fantastic app I’m training to be a bike mechanic. This app is fantastic. I can go and reference things without bugging my coworkers all the time. I can study at home watching the videos and working on my bikes. The customer service is fantastic. They get back to you in a nano second through email. For the price it’s fantastic. Nothing out there like this. Everything is well thought out. The videos are great. Very pleased with my purchase.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the great review and great feedback. We are all about customer service and will try our best to help the users of the app.
We’re made up you’re enjoying using the app. Thank you!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Bicycle Maintenance Guide Ltd
- 206.6 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © Bicycle Maintenance Guide Ltd
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.