Write to think.
Bike is an unusually fast outlining app.
Unlike a web app, Bike is efficient and at home on your Mac.
• Use Bike to organize your writing.
• Make lists, take notes, and save your ideas.
• Bike is a powerful outlining tool for writers and thinkers.
• Innovative text editor
• Clean and simple outliner
• Fluid outlining experience
• Fold and focus to manage big outlines
• Fast keyboard navigation & commands
• Fast and efficient native macOS Application
• Great at text and outline editing
• Active support community ready to help
• Bike uses open file formats. (.html, .opml, .txt)
• Use AppleScript to control and automate Bike
- Updated for macOS Ventura
- Added .rtf text to pasteboard when you copy
• Added Edit > Copy As for specific pasteboard types
• Changed to standard color well in editor settings
• Changed to not allow move commands to move focused row
• Changed search to select match on Enter (not automatically while typing)
• Changed search and text checking to allow first match to intersect selection
• Fixed incorrect scroll position that could happen when reopening a document
• Fixed crash that could happen with Replace All and in a few other cases
Ratings and Reviews
Life-saver for everyday tasks and scratch notes
Working in communications, I often need an easy "dock" for notes, documents, to-do list items or spare bits of text. I've used a variety of apps over the years to host text (including some great apps by Hog Bay Software), and Bike is the best balance of ease of use, simplicity and time-to-typing of pretty much any app I use. Quickly became an essential part of my workflow. Thanks Jesse!
The short: terrible icon, few features at the moment, snappy performance, immense potential. Hoping this new pricing model allows for long term focus and development.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for giving it a try at this early stage. I'm working on rich text with bold, italic, code, strike, and highlight now.
Lacking some very basic features
This app reminds me of Acta (a mac app that is about 25 years old). I like the simple design but it lacks the ability to print from the app which seems to be a huge miss. Also, no capability to embed images in the outline. For such a bare bones design, the price does not seem justified in my opinion. But if you are ancient like me and miss apps like Acta, and don't need to print outlines, this may be for you.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Jesse Grosjean
- 5.7 MB
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Jesse Grosjean
- In-App Purchases
- Bike License – Monthly $2.99
- Bike License – Yearly $19.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.