Bike is a fast and fluid outliner that's fun to use.
Your thoughts and ideas flow smoothly across the screen.
Bike also works well with big files, uses open file formats, and is scriptable.
Try it, Bike is different.
• Clean and simple outliner
• Fluid outlining experience
• Fold and focus to manage big outlines
• Fast and efficient native macOS Application
• Fast keyboard navigation & commands
• Great at text and outline editing
• Active support community ready to help
• Bike uses open file formats. (.html, .opml, .txt)
• Use AppleScript to control and automate Bike
• Added Default document type and extension
• Added Scripting access to row attributes
• Added Exit outline mode using Option-Right/Left
• Added Row > New Indented Row (Shift-Command-Return)
• Typing animations finish faster when typing fast
• Improve text caret animations when undo/redo
• Respect NSScrollAnimationEnabled user defaults setting
• Ignore first click (maintaining selection) when activating window
• Fixed Extend selection by word/line when dragging mouse
• Fixed `---` read from plain text is treated normally
• Fixed Option-Up-Shift to properly extend selection
• Fixed Don't allow collapsing leaf rows
Ratings and Reviews
Absolutely in love
Love this app. It's changed my life and made it possible for my brain to focus on less things at once. begging for maybe and ios and ipads version. Also, i cant seem to figure out the file format switching.
Developer Response ,
Did you see Using Bike > Using Documents > Bike Format Options in the User's Guide. I hope that will help. If not please ask for clarification in the user's forum, hopefully I can help.
This developer has learned what a structured text app needs to do from building TaskPaper and FoldingText. Bike is simple, functional, and elegant.
Has potential, but comes up too short
I wanted to like this app. The price is ridiculous for the functionality. No iOS app with cloud sync, so if you have thought you need to get down while away from your Macbook, too bad. There are other options that serve my needs at a much lower price.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Jesse Grosjean
- 4.2 MB
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Jesse Grosjean
- In-App Purchases
- Bike License – Yearly $19.99
- Bike License – Monthly $2.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.