BillionGraves helps you document, honor and preserve the graves of every person and family who has ever lived. With your help we can create the most comprehensive family history database of photos and records from all the world’s cemeteries. Join our quest with the BillionGraves app to shoot and share photos of headstones from your own cemetery visits—anywhere in the world. Find the headstones you’re looking for, and help us identify even more!
Using BillionGraves is SIMPLE, REWARDING, and FUN:
1. Visit a cemetery (in your hometown, on vacation, on a break from business trips)
2. Use your smartphone camera to take and upload photos of all the headstones you can find
3. Tell friends and family about your experience, and build a network of like-minded folks around the world!
- Search the world’s largest collection of cemeteries, graves and their GPS locations for FREE
- Discover photos, memories and stories about your family.
- Add a local cemetery, right where you live or wherever you visit
- Use our built-in maps to guide you to family headstones at any cemetery anywhere in the world
- Request headstone photos anywhere in the world
- Find cemeteries near you and user your smartphone camera to fulfill photo requests in seconds
- Link multiple headstone photos
- Save and share memorials with friends and family
- Patent-pending technology
- Many more genealogy resources available online at BillionGraves.com
- bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Fun and useful summer activity
My wife and I, with our friend Mary, are having a fun time taking photos at a cemetery nearby for an hour or so in the morning and transcribing them later in the day. It’s a great summer activity that gets us out in the beautiful weather doing something productive and interesting.
Some things are good
I’ve been working on my family tree for years. I was excited to find this app. While the cemetery I need is on here. There’s no real easy way to search and some of the uploaded images are very bad with fingers in them taken from weird angles and there’s no way for me to know which images I’ve already looked at on the map. A full list and better images would be very useful. Also away to know what images I’ve already looked at. It’s great having pictures of the grave markers to research and I really hope to be able to utilize this app in my research.
Great experience, but a couple of bugs
I really enjoyed participating in a service project to photograph gravestones. The actual photography was easy. I couldn’t get my selfie stick to work with the app. We had a 5 level mausoleum to photograph, so it was tough to get up over 12 feet to see the top rows. I also had to get help to verify my account, which the tech support was able to do without any complications.
Thank you for this app! I’ll be looking for a way to do this again.
- Otter Creek Holdings, LLC
- 105.5 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Lithuanian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2020 BillionGraves Holdings, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.