BillionGraves helps you document, honor and preserve the graves of every person and family who has ever lived. With your help we can create the most comprehensive family history database of photos and records from all the world’s cemeteries. Join our quest with the BillionGraves app to shoot and share photos of headstones from your own cemetery visits—anywhere in the world. Find the headstones you’re looking for, and help us identify even more!
Using BillionGraves is SIMPLE, REWARDING, and FUN:
1. Visit a cemetery (in your hometown, on vacation, on a break from business trips)
2. Use your smartphone camera to take and upload photos of all the headstones you can find
3. Tell friends and family about your experience, and build a network of like-minded folks around the world!
- Search the world’s largest collection of cemeteries, graves and their GPS locations for FREE
- Discover photos, memories and stories about your family.
- Add a local cemetery, right where you live or wherever you visit
- Use our built-in maps to guide you to family headstones at any cemetery anywhere in the world
- Request headstone photos anywhere in the world
- Find cemeteries near you and user your smartphone camera to fulfill photo requests in seconds
- Link multiple headstone photos
- Save and share memorials with friends and family
- Patent-pending technology
- Many more genealogy resources available online at BillionGraves.com
Ratings and Reviews
Amazing For Family History
This app has been a joy to use! Easy to take and upload pics. Figured out that I can’t transcribe from my phone, it has to be from my laptop. I also haven’t figured out how to check my dashboard from my phone app but I can easily do it from my laptop. I’m sure I’ll figure it out but between the two I can easily take pics, upload, transcribe and check my dashboard.
This app is also links to family tree which allows cross connecting so that other genealogy sites
Still needs more features
First, I think this app is great. However, it’s limited. When I go to cemeteries, I only take the photos. I upload them to transcribe later. But you can’t transcribe from the app??? I’ve only been able to do this from my computer.
The other major flaw is the inability to upload photos from your camera. I forgot to take the picture of the cemetery entrance on the app, so I took it with my phone thinking I could update it later. Nope, not a feature.
The photo editing could also be more robust. I’ve found that the filters have not been very helpful when trying to decipher difficult-to-read headstones.
So... room for improvement! But the concept is great. I will keep using it, I just hope they keep improving the app and the website tools.
I love BG, but not their app
I really love what BillionGraves does, though the app isn’t very easy to use. It’s clear that the app design hasn’t been revisited in a while.
A lot of the buttons are in odd places, and use unclear labels and colors. There are also many bugs and performance issues, so you have to be pretty patient with it. It’s also very hard to tell where photos have already been taken in the cemetery.
Overall, the app feels clunky and somewhat outdated. Though don’t let this stop you from getting the app. I think what this organization does is really amazing. Once you use the app a bit, you can get use to its quirks. Just don’t go in expecting a modern, fast, good-looking app.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Otter Creek Holdings, LLC
- 106.9 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Lithuanian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2020 BillionGraves Holdings, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.