The Autodesk® BIM 360® app provides users of the next-generation BIM 360 platform with the ability to access all project documents, plans and models, as well as execute construction quality and safety workflows from their iPhone or iPad.
This is a companion app for users of the next-generation BIM 360 Field Management and Document Management modules. Apps for other BIM 360 products are available on the iTunes store.
The BIM 360 platform for construction management and project delivery helps your project team stay on-time and on-budget because everyone has access to the latest version all project information in a single app - anytime, anywhere. As a result, you can save time, lower risk and reduce rework and errors.
With the BIM 360 app, users can:
Collaborative document and data management
• Manage all 2D plans, 3D models, and project documents in the cloud.
• View and explore documents from Apple phones or tablets.
• Organize, share and track use of contractual documents.
Get the right project information into the hands of those that need it
• Curate files and drawings into project folders with permission-based access rights.
• Extract sheets and properties directly from drawings and models.
• Get notified automatically on document changes or when an issue is assigned to you.
Deploy quality and safety programs to mobile workers
• View and run checklists assigned to you on your Apple device.
• Generate issues for non-conforming checklist items.
• Add punch list items during site walkthroughs.
Reduce risk, eliminate errors and ensure the entire team is building from the current set
• Create, assign and approve RFIs, and pin to location on drawing.
• View, edit and manage docs from your phone or tablet.
• Access zero-client model and PDF viewing, with optimized zoom.
Keep teams in sync from the office to the field, 2D to BIM
• Create, view and share 2D & 3D markups.
• Notifications alert users of changes or issues to be reviewed.
• Log daily site activity to track project progress and performance.
• Bug fixes & performance enhancements
Ratings and Reviews
Review feature actually removes features
Using the review feature doesn’t even allow the basic feature of adding a “issue”. even bim 360 trainers/autodesk videos state to create an issue with markups but if you do a workflow review, its not an option. Very limiting for the review process as issues are the way to track markups. Confusing why the best tool (issues) is removed from the review workflow.
Awkward Punch Walk, Typing Blind
I (Arch) just used BIM360 for iPad on a punch walk, and man, that was the slowing and most awkward punch ever. GCs staring/waiting while I fiddled with a fiddly app. Biggest complaint: you can’t rotate the orientation! It’s all landscape mode, which may be nice for viewing plans but isn’t so nice for typing issues and seeing what you’re doing. The keyboard covers most of the screen; when you get to the “location description” field, the field is hidden behind the keyboard so you can’t even see what you’re typing. Other annoyances too, but if the app developers ever check these comments, that’s the one that really had me scratching my head. A basic functionality of any app is to be able to view the field you are typing in. Autodesk owns PlanGrid now, so maybe they’ll take some queues from their interface. I certainly hope so.
Drawings fail to load
Drawings always fail to load. I have them download to the device but if I’m connected to WiFi it will try to pull from cloud, no way to shut that feature off. Page will just sit there with the circle just spinning and won’t ever load. Even if I am not connected to WiFi downloaded drawings only open 25% of the time. Only way you can get drawings to load is to not have them downloaded and pull them from the cloud every time which told defeats the purpose of having them on your iPad. This way is also slow if you have linked RFIs, updates, etc to the page because it has to download those items as well.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 288 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- © Autodesk Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.