Generate custom binaural beats around any base frequency including Alpha, Beta, Delta, Gamma, Mu, and Theta waves. Simple modern interface allows selecting Binaural Beats from 1 to 50 Hz and a Base Frequency from 20 to 1500 Hz. Binaural Beats require high quality headphones or stereo speakers.
What are binaural beats?
Binaural beats can help with sleep, focus, and meditation. They are an auditory illusion perceived when two different tones of slightly different frequency are presented to each ear. The frequencies are very low and each one is tuned specifically for each ear which is why headphones are required.
What are the different types of binaural beats?
- Alpha waves are associated with a restful and relaxed state that exists when both entering and exiting sleep.
- Beta waves are associated with concentration and moderate alertness.
- Delta waves are associated with deep sleep cycles and the release of physical awareness.
- Gamma waves are associated with alertness and sensitive perception.
- Mu waves are associated with a state of physical rest, stillness, and immobility.
- Theta waves are associated with the heavy relaxation that comes from frequency, deep meditation.
Drag slider to select a desired Binaural Beat from 1 to 50 Hz. Next, drag the base frequency to a tone that sounds pleasant to your ears. The binaural beat is generated around this base frequency. Adjust device volume using the on-screen volume slider to a comfortable level. You can also specify to play audio to any AirPlay supported device. Toggle audio playback using the Play/Pause button.
Created by the audio experts at TMSOFT that brought you the famous White Noise app. Check out all our apps and sounds at http://www.tmsoft.com/
- Bug fixes
v2.0 brings a host of new features including:
- New control bar at the bottom of the view to control playback and airplay
- Redesigned layout to make better use of available space and modernize icons
- Added ability to use keyboard input for Hz values. Tap the value label to bring up the keyboard
- Added a sleep timer which can be set from 15 min to 8 hours in 15 min intervals
- Added user configurable presets. Save your favorite configurations and switch between them easily
- Added reset option which reverts controls back to their defaults
- Enabled mixing with music: you can now listen to other media apps alongside Beats Generator
Many of these features were from user requests, so please keep the feedback coming!
Ratings and Reviews
Best App I’ve Found for Smooth Binaural Beats
I’ve always had problems with insomnia and this is by far the best app I’ve found for helping me sleep. It never takes me more than a few minutes to pass out when I’m listening to a 5-7hrz difference. The longest it’s taken me to fall asleep when using this app is 10 minutes, but it’s rare for it to take that long. That is really good because without this app I used to take an hour or more to fall asleep. It’s also really good for meditation. I like that it tells you the different categories for brain wave frequencies during different states of mind so you can choose and use the tones without knowing much about the science behind it. Very high quality app.
The only new feature I would recommend is that the tones keep playing even while adjusting the sliders so that I can more easily fine the most pleasant tune for me.
Works as intended and the ads are fine
The way they deal with ads is great, they have a small strip at the bottom of the screen so it is barley noticeable. I like that you can add or minus a hertz but as-well use the slider. I also like that you can fine tune the volume in-app a slider. My only request is that you add more information about binaural beats.
Great sounds, but doesn’t play in background
I love how specific you can be. You can learn about the purpose of each frequency, you can adjust the hz—i love it. However, I’ve barely used this app because i like to play frequencies underneath other things while i sleep, and this app does not seem to have a background play function. Would really love if this could be added! Otherwise this app is great. Definitely listen with headphones for fullest experience.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 24.4 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2017-2023 TMSOFT, LLC