Do you want to grow plentiful, better quality fruit, vegetables and flowers?
The Biodynamic Gardening Calendar app is here to help. Whether you’re growing in a garden or on an allotment, small-holding or farm, this app will help you find the ideal dates and times to plant, sow and tend your plants.
The biodynamic method is used by farmers and gardeners all around the world to improve the quality of their plants. Based on 50+ years of research, it takes into account solar rhythms and the movements of planets, as well as lunar cycles. Now, you too can reap the benefits of the biodynamic method with the help of this app. The Biodynamic Gardening Calendar makes it easy for beginners and experienced biodynamic farmers alike to put this tried and tested method into practice.
Discover what to do and when
* When should you plant strawberries? What is the best time to harvest lettuce? Just click on a date to explore recommended activities for your garden, allotment or farm
* Daily activities are sorted by Time Type (showing you when to work with fruit, root, flower or leaf plants) and Special Activities (such as pruning and pest control), making it easy to find out what you should do
Personalise to fit you and your interests
* Filter activities by Time Type or Special Activity to show only information about the type of plants you’re growing (you can consult the crop index to find out which are relevant to you)
* View calendar by week or month
* Automatically adjusts to your time zone and the 12hr/24hr settings on your device
Subscribe now to plan ahead
* View activities on today’s date and past dates for free
* Want to look ahead? Plan your gardening in advance - by specific activities or fruit, root, flower or leaf times – only available with the handy annual subscription
What makes the Biodynamic Gardening Calendar app special?
* It’s new and improved, building on the success of the Maria Thun Biodynamic Calendar app
* It’s accurate and reliable - the information is based on biodynamic pioneer Maria Thun's bestselling calendar, which has been published annually for over 50 years and has sold over 100,000 copies in English
* Over the moon! – this app goes above and beyond the standard lunar gardening calendars, based on Maria Thun's unique insights
* Subscribe now to gain access to activities on all available future dates so you can start planning ahead to get the best results in your garden or farm
New data for 2021
Ratings and Reviews
Unfortunately, less helpful than previous version this replaced
The Maria Thun Biodynamic Calendar of previous years offered far more interactive and helpful information with greater clarity than this current version, which seems to be entirely dumbed down. The loss of the daily activity time dial, and the clear distinctions on both the daily and weekly views is unfortunate. The little dots under the date, and the vague start times require more thought and examination, when I was used to being able to quickly take a glance when planning the day’s activities.
Please return to the previous version.
Bring Back the Old App!
Bring back the Interface of the old App! Why did you change it? The other version was sooooo much easier to see the information. At a glance I could see if it was Transplanting time. Now I have scroll down open the drop down and see if it is that time of the month. Also now the times are so hard to read. The circle was perfect, at a glance I could see what I could do that day. Now you guys make me think too much. You guys have definitely gone backwards. Why fix what is not broken!
Love the app
Unfortunately I didn’t experience the first app. So I really don’t know what I’m missing. But just the same this app is very helpful in planning your BD activities. Better than having to go back and forth to the physical Maria Thun calendar. Nice to have it in your back pocket.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Floris Books Trust Ltd
- 52 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Dutch, German
- Age Rating
- © Floris Books 2019
- In-App Purchases
- Biodynamic farming $6.49
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.