BioLabDonkey is one time purchase app with lifetime updates including new features.
This program is aimed at researches in the molecular biology field for use in their everyday routine work. It is a suite of the bioinformatic tools for the analysis of DNA, RNA, and protein sequences, as well as images of gels, blots, cells and colonies. It also provides a set of useful calculators for molecular biology.
The user interface was developed around a minimalistic design and ease of use, such as: direct access to functions in less than three clicks, essential functionality with a minimum of settings, minimisation of windows (uncluttered screen).
The program includes custom algorithms for: the protein/DNA sequences alignment, protein secondary structures prediction, RNA-seq differential expression.
- Open files with the extensions: .txt, .rtf, .fasta, .fas, .fa, .fsa, .ffn, .fna, .seq, .ape, .gb, .gbk, .ab1, .bldna, .xdna, .dna, .faa, .seq, .gp, .blprotein, .fastq, .aln, .phylip, .blalignment, .pdb, .jpg, .tiff, .png.
The program reads files created by Serial Cloner(.xdna), DNA Strider(.xdna), SnapGene(.dna) and ApE (.ape) programs.
- Save files with the extensions: .txt, .rtf, .fasta, .fas, .fa, .fsa, .ffn, .fna, .seq, .gb, .gbk, .ab1, .bldna, .faa, .seq, .gp, .blprotein, .blalignment, .pdf, .eps, jpg, png;
- Transcribe, reverse complement and translate DNA sequence;
- Tm, %GC, Mw, length of selected DNA and protein Mw (average and monoisotopic), length of protein, amino acid composition, protein net charge;
- Find open reading frames (ORFs);
- Find sequence motifs (repeats, palindromes, stem loops and arbitrary sequences) in DNA sequence;
- Generate primers;
- View ABI sequencing chromatogram, edit sequence;
- Generate ORF silent mutations;
- Optimize codons in ORF;
- View GC content, CpG islands and Stem Loops;
- Generate Plasmid, Linear and Text map using feature annotations from genbank file;
- Generate and edit DNA/protein features for genbank/genpept format files;
- Generate DNA features database and perform features annotation;
- Copy/paste the selected DNA sequence with features;
- Cloning of a restricted DNA fragment;
- Find/highlight DNA restriction sites and DNA fragments;
- Genome viewer;
- Virtual DNA gel viewer;
- Multiple alignment and realignment of DNA/RNA/protein sequences;
- Assembly of sequencing reads from .ab1 or txt files;
- Phylogenetic trees;
- Protein/DNA/RNA PDB viewer;
- Prediction of protein secondary structures;
- Reverse translation;
- Protein Hydropathicity/pI plots;
- Protein limited proteolysis;
- Find/highlight protease sites and protein fragments;
- RNA-Seq DE: genes and miRNAs differential expression;
- Calculators for: Dilution, Molarity, Ligation, SDS PAG, Ammonium sulfate, Bacteria growth;
- Nucleic acid OD conversion;
- Units conversion for DNA and protein;
- Colonies/Cells/Spots counting;
- Analysis of Gel/Blot photo and calculation of relative fold-change in selected Gel/Blot bands/spots;
- Image adjustment and labels.
* Annotation of a custom feature for DNA or Protein sequece is simplified and can be done in the same way as an annotation of standard genbank feature.
* Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Big on promise, lacks execution
I want to thank the developer for trying to provide a comprehensive program that will run on OS Catalina (10.15.5). Unfortunately, this program did not run well, crashing almost immediately. I hope it will continue to be improved until it is a viable alternative to Serial Cloner (which does not run on Catalina).
I'm sorry, but I don't remember exactly what I did to cause the crash, except that it might have involved trying to work with multiple sequences (alignment).
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your response. Please, let me know by e-mail or on the feedback page of the app support webpage what you did when app has crashed ! I need this info, since for this app version I don’t have any crash logs report. I will resolve the crash as soon as possible.
(Update. I hope you are using the latest app version - 1.10. I have tested the alignment function for this version once again with multiple DNA or protein sequences. I can’t get the crash issue. Which other function could you used to get the crash ? )
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Valeriy Tarasov
- 32.7 MB
- Requires macOS 10.13 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2015-2021 Valeriy Tarasov
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.