Welcome to Rapture.
Before you buy, expand this description to check the system requirements below.
Rapture… a city where opportunity awaits those brave enough to grasp it. A city where the artist need not fear the censor. Where the scientist is not bound by petty morality. Where the great are not held back by the weak.
Set in an alternative 1960, BioShock places you in an individualistic utopia gone badly wrong. With a provocative and intelligent storyline, this is a game that is at once beautiful, thrilling, frightening and always involving.
Important information regarding BioShock Remastered:
• If you require assistance, please contact our support team at email@example.com
• Supports over 100 different models of gamepad. For a full list check the Feral support site.
• System Requirements:
◦ OS: macOS 10.12.5 or later
◦ Processor: 2.0Ghz Intel Core i5 or better
◦ RAM: 8GB or better
◦ Graphics: 2GB AMD R9 290M / 2GB Nvidia 680mx / 1.5 GB Intel Iris Pro 5200 or better
◦ Storage: 27GB
The game is officially supported on the following Macs. To check your Mac model and when it was released, select About This Mac from the Apple menu on your menu bar.
• All 13” MacBook Pros since late 2016
• All 15” MacBook Pros since late 2013
• All 21.5” iMacs since late 2013 (1GB NVIDIA GT 750M Models are not officially supported)
• All 27” iMacs since late 2013 (1GB NVIDIA GT 755M Models are not officially supported) (1)
• All Mac Pros since late 2013
(1) Late 2012 models with Nvidia 680MX graphics cards are also supported.
The following Macs are capable of running the game but do not consistently meet the standards required for official support. This means your computer will run the game, but is not able to get the best out of it in terms of performance, graphics and stability. Users who buy and play the game on a machine that is not officially supported do so at their own risk.
• All MacBook Airs since mid 2012
• All MacBooks since early 2015
• All 13” MacBook Pros since mid 2012
• All 15” MacBook Pros since mid 2012 with a 1GB graphics card
• All Mac Minis since late 2012
• All 21.5" iMacs since early 2013
• All 27” iMacs since late 2012 with a 1GB graphics card
• All Mac Pros since 2009 with an AMD 7950 (Mac Edition) graphics card
• This game is not currently supported on volumes formatted as Case-sensitive.
• You can find out more about the game on the BioShock Remastered minisite at www.feralinteractive.com/bioshockremastered
©2002-2017 Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. and its subsidiaries. Originally developed by 2K Boston and 2K Australia. BioShock, 2K, 2K Boston, 2K Australia and related logos are all trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. in the USA and/or foreign countries. The ratings icon is a trademark of the Entertainment Software Association. All rights reserved. Developed for and published on macOS by Feral Interactive Ltd. macOS and the macOS logo are trademarks of Apple, Inc. registered in the U.S. and other countries. Feral and the Feral logo are trademarks of Feral Interactive Ltd. All other marks and trademarks are the property of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
Ratings and Reviews
I've been a long-standing fan of the Bioshock series. The original Bioshock will be remembered as one of the greatest first-person shooters. The remastered version is a very nice update to an already incredible game. It is pretty amazing that it plays and performs so well on my iMac. The game looks great in 4K and to my surprise, it maintains a solid 60 FPS. The game can also run in 5K, however the frame-rate seems to dip slightly. It is still quite playable though at that resolution. Overall, I am impressed with this release and I highly recommend it!
My System Settings:
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017)
macOS Big Sur (Version 11.2)
3.4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
1 TB SSD
40 GB 2400 MHz DDR4 RAM
Radeon Pro 570 4 GB VRAM
First thing first, IM A HUGE FAN OF THE BIOSHOCK GAMES. But it saddens me to such a great game being held back by what seems to be only a minor and quite annoying controller issue. This game is best played on controller (in my opinion) and when i try to navigate through this game, i find myself at trouble because the game wont allow it on my Playstation4 remote. I try to move forward only for it to take me backwards. Now ive tried to tweak my setting and go solution searching but it hasnt gotten me anywhere. Developers PLEASE fix this. Id have so much more fun if this werent an issue, otherwise this is a great game. Please get back to me... i neeed answers.
Developer Response ,
Please contact us directly via firstname.lastname@example.org with a description of the problem and we’ll be happy to help. Please include "App Store Review" in the subject of your email.
Please also attach a support report to help us diagnose any issues: http://support.feralinteractive.com/x/faqs/support_report/
Love this game
I played the original BioShock and Bioshock 2… (Bioshock 2 had bad clunky controller game play) This game play is very smooth and the graphics are great! I also like the additional mini games which help me practice fighting the big daddys. Really a fun and enjoyable game!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Feral Interactive Ltd
- 20 GB
- Requires macOS 10.12.5 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- 17+ Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Frequent/Intense Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Frequent/Intense Sexual Content or Nudity Frequent/Intense Horror/Fear Themes
- ©2002-2017 Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. and its subsidiaries. Originally developed by 2K Boston and 2K Australia. Developed for and published on macOS by Feral Interactive Ltd.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.