The BirdBlox app allows you to program your Hummingbird Duo, Hummingbird Bit, or micro:bit via a Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) connection! The app was inspired by the Snap! and Scratch programming environments. In addition to common Scratch-type blocks for creating programs, BirdBlox adds blocks to control your Hummingbird's LEDs and motors, record and playback sounds, and to read from Hummingbird and tablet-based sensors (such as accelerometers or compasses). You can also write programs that use the micro:bit sensors and LED display!
With BirdBlox and Hummingbird, you can create projects such as:
* A robot car that drives based on how you tilt your tablet
* A dog that barks when you are near
* A music box that plays different pre-recorded songs from your tablet
* A project that uses multiple Hummingbird kits
The only limit is your imagination!
* To use this app with the Hummingbird Duo, you must purchase a Bluetooth adapter for your Hummingbird Duo, available at store.birdbraintechnologies.com/product-p/hb_ble.htm
* Make sure to load the Bluetooth-ready firmware onto your Hummingbird Duo. You can find instructions at https://www.birdbraintechnologies.com/hummingbirdduo/birdblox/
* This app only works with iOS 9 and later.
* BLE was not present on the original iPad or iPad 2. iPad 3 and later, as well as all iPad Mini, Air, and Pro, will work.
If you would like to see additional features, please let us know!
* Bug fixes
* Translations for Finnish and Swedish!
Ratings and Reviews
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.