The comprehensive bird ID app published by Kosmos with over 1000 drawings and detailed written descriptions.
- Over 470 European species of bird from the North Cape to Sicilly with detailed information on identifying characteristics, habitats, distribution and breeding behaviors.
- More than 1000 illustrations of the most important male, female, juvenile, full and basic plumages as well as typical flight silhouettes.
- The latest systematic findings incorporated and exclusive with species such as rhea, Chilean flamingo and the Yellow-headed amazon otherwise not shown anywhere else
- Distribution maps and phenological charts for all species
Multimedia: birdcalls and movies
- Over 600 superb recordings of calls, songs and instrumental sounds
- Movies of 130 species from the Bergmann and Englaender archive with dubbed original sound recordings
Easy identification and certain recognition
- Identify birds even more easily with the intuitive ID filter by size, color, location, habitat and time of year
- Arrows indicating the most important features and zoomable images
- Accurate illustrations and up-to-date identification texts make it possible for you to distinguish between similar species
- Ornithologist and Kosmos author Felix Weiss has studied almost all of the species described in the field and provided scientific support for the development of this app.
- The illustrator and nature artist Paschalis Dougalis is one of the best bird illustrators of Europe.
Questions or suggestions for improvements:
Mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking forward to your feedback!
For more information on news and updates: www.usmgames.com
or visit us on www.facebook.com/UnitedSoftMedia and twitter.com/USM_News
Some smaller tweaks and optimizations make the app even better!
Ratings and Reviews
I purchased this app to help me with identifying birds on my upcoming trip to the Tuscany region of Italy. When I tried to use the app I ounces the sketches to be disappointedly inadequate. There's not enough detail to properly identify the nuances of each species. Also, the number of species included were not substantial. There were a few species I saw that weren't included in the app. So...disappointing. Am purchasing a book that is substantially more comprehensive and thorough.
Search feature is rubbish
What’s the point of being able to search if you can’t narrow it down by type? You should be able to select wading birds vs song birds, for instance.
This is a great bird guide app — Beautifully organized by family, info on habitat etc. 100+ videos show courtship displays, mating, nesting, chicks—calls, habitat, etc.
- Franckh-Kosmos Verlags GmbH & Co. KG
- 619.9 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 United Soft Media Verlag GmbH,München © 2019 Franckh-Kosmos Verlags-GmbH & Co. KG, Stuttgart
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.