A high-quality digital field guide, with bird names in 15 languages, covering 352 species of birds regularly seen in Northern Europe. This list covers all except rarer vagrants and includes every bird likely to be seen by the vast majority of birdwatchers in the region throughout the year. Countries covered include Britain, Ireland, Iceland, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Holland (The Netherlands), Belgium, Germany, Poland, Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, Luxembourg and Northern France. Comprehensive information is provided including: multiple annotated illustrations by leading artists showing the full range of plumages including rarer races and variations, beautiful still photographs for many species; songs and calls, maps showing distribution in Europe, North Africa and the Middle East and the full detailed text accounts from the Concise edition of Birds of the Western Palearctic (THE standard reference work originally published by Oxford University Press). Perfect for more experienced birders who will appreciate the comprehensive and professional ornithological content in this App.
• fully compatible with iPad using the full resolution of its larger screen
• species names translated into 13 languages plus International English and US English
• includes audio recordings of songs and calls
• annotated illustrations by top bird artists including Ian Lewington, Alan Harris, Mike Langman and DIM Wallace
• superb portrait photographs for many species
• definitive text accounts from the Concise edition of Birds of the Western Palearctic
• information on typical behaviour, identification and plumage variations
• many images showing nests, eggs and flight shots
• detailed distribution maps for the whole Western Palearctic region
• quick search by species name or part of name
• organise bird names alphabetically or by family, with collapsible headings
• intuitive navigation uses gestures and flip-to-horizontal mode
• pinch zooming for visual assets
NAMES IN 15 LANGUAGES
Species and family names can be in any of the following languages, and changed at any time: Català, Dansk, Deutsch, English, English (International), English (US), Español, Français, Italiano, Nederlands, Norsk, Português, Suomi, Svenska, русский язык (Russian). Note that the species text accounts, assets captions and illustration annotations are in English only.
Improvements to search.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
There is a lot there and you can switch between languages. It is a little bit difficult to navigate and it is expensive. I think they win partially by being the only choice, at least when I bought it. Not dissatisfied and happy to have that much info on my ipad/iphone when I'm running around.
Clunky & primitive
Lots of information but difficult to navigate. No easy way to switch between similar bird pictures or songs to compare. No way to annotate birds seen. Range maps and songs require too many clicks to find and are ignored when scrolling through pictures & BWP. Too expensive for such a clunky & primitive app.
Gorgeous illustrations, well-organized. I like how it lists all species in taxonomic order, by family. The other review says there aren't descriptions and bird calls, but this is incorrect. The app does include bird calls and descriptions. Just scroll along thumbnails at bottom.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- NatureGuides Ltd.
- 760 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © NaturesGuides Ltd.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.