Birmingham & West Midlands 12+
Central England travel guide
Designed for iPad
BIRMINGHAM & WEST MIDLANDS is the ideal digital travel guide to central England. Written by a pro-author it explores key DESTINATIONS; suggests ITINERARIES; details dozens of SIGHTS and ACTIVITIES; and suggests great spots to EAT. All content (200+ points-of-interest/300+ pics) is original and independent; no recommendations are ads!
*** Published by TouchScreenTravels.com: independent travel guides for the digital age. Our Touch, Your Travels. ***
***BIRMINGHAM & WEST MIDLANDS*** starts with essential TRIP-PLANNING information – with tips on ACCOMMODATION, FESTIVALS and TRANSPORT
A DESTINATIONS section then provides orientation to all the region’s key cities and counties of interest to visitors.
Next, a hand-crafted ITINERARIES section suggests an easy-to-follow route for first-timers to the region. BIRMINGHAM IN-A-DAY tours a dynamic city that’s busy reinventing itself while STRATFORD IN-2-DAYS is a must-do for any Shakespeare fan.
There’s a whole section on SHAKESPEARE in the next, INTERESTS & ACTIVITIES, section of the app. This is where you might dive straight in, if you have a specific interest. Featured are travelling with KIDS; the ARTS & CRAFTS movement; CASTLES, STATELY HOMES & GARDENS; WALKING & CYCLING and the TOLKIEN TRAIL. There’s also a thorough section on the region’s HISTORY including a section on INDUSTRIAL & VICTORIAN heritage and MUSEUMS, which will help you glimpse the region’s glory days.
Finally, the app details an incredibly useful selection – from the thousands of possible options – of RESTAURANTS, CAFES, PUBS and the like, including some of the best places for AFTERNOON TEA and the FARM SHOPS you shouldn’t miss. The latter also forms part of a SHOPS & SHOPPING to make sure you find the perfect souvenir of this engaging region.
Key before-you-go information, including:
• Electricity & Time Zone
• Information & Media
• Seasons, Festivals & Events
Meet the key cities & counties:
• Metropolitan West Midlands
ITINERARIES & TOURS
• Birmingham In-A-Day
• Scenic Drives
• Shakespeare’s Stratford In-2-Days
• Days Out From Broadway
INTERESTS & ACTIVITIES
Backgrounders and practical advice on:
• Arts & Crafts Movement
• Castles, Historic Homes & Gardens
• Kids & Families
• Museums of Industry
• Shakespearean Times
• Tolkien Trail
• Walking & Cycling
EAT, DRINK, SHOP & MORE
Where best to eat, drink, shop and more:
• Afternoon Tea
• Breweries, Distilleries & Vineyards
• Cafés & Bakeries
• Entertainment & Sports Venues
• Farm Shops & Delis
• Pubs, Bars & Country Inns
• Shops & Shopping
APP FEATURE: TECHNICAL
• One-click website LINKS.
• One-click PHONE CALLS (on phones).
• NAVIGATE quickly using the app's global search; internal hyperlinks, and its many images.
• LOCATION info (using your device's GPS).
• Detailed MAPS and the ability to ADD YOUR OWN markers.
• Save and share FAVOURITES.
• Easily CONTACT the author.
• AUTHOR: Alison Plummer is a travel/lifestyle writer, author and destination specialist with a passion for the environment, food and wine and a love of both beautiful countryside and the buzz of city life. She divides her time between the UK and Australia.
• ICON: Ian Livesey@flickr
REVIEWS & RATINGS
Reviews and ratings are like gold dust to small developers like us, if you like the app please go back into the app store, find it and leave a review or just a rating. It really helps us. Thanks.
Ratings and Reviews
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Wu Wei Ltd
- 107.1 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2021 Alison Plummer
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.