With Black Light you can apply a combination of visual effects to your screen by manipulating the gamma curve. Opening Black Light will automatically apply the selected effects. Quitting the application will restore the original settings.
You can toggle the selected effect combination by clicking on the Black Light icon in the dock, by using a global hotkey, or through the optional Black Light menu icon that can appear on the right side of the menu bar. (Note: this last option is only available with OS X 10.7 or later.)
- Invert Screen
Reverse blacks and whites, giving you a negative of the image on your screen.
Replace white grays with white to remove stripes, making white the background of most windows. Lighter colors might change hue slightly.
- HDTV Luminance Adjustment
Adapt image for the 16–235 luminance range used by some high-definition television sets when connected by HDMI. Normally, your computer should be capable of automatically adjusting output values accordingly, but this isn't always possible when the TV is connected through an adapter.
- Dim Screen
Reduce screen luminosity by dimming each pixel. Useful to reduce the luminosity of LCD screens beyond the minimal value of the back light.
- Color Filter
Simulation of a color filter put in front of the screen. Lets you change the tint by setting the white point.
- Exported effects are compatible with Black Light Pro.
- Black Light works great with Night Shift, but cannot run simultaneously with the app f.lux.
- The invert filter does not work in macOS Sierra 10.12.4 through 10.12.6 due to a bug in macOS. Upgrade to High Sierra to get a functionning invert filter.
• Reseting gamma curve more proactively on quit, instead of counting on macOS to do it for us. This does not change the behavior of the app but resolves a somewhat nebulous issue with video capture and/or playback with certain applications on particular hardware configurations.
Ratings and Reviews
NO LONGER WORKS!!!
I loved this App but seems to have stopped working I woudl use to only invert one screen but now this just stopped working
Developer Response ,
This is now fixed if you upgrade to macOS 10.13 High Sierra.
Inverts both text, images, and videos
I needed a way to be able to invert not only text but also images, and videos as well. This program does all that plus has some other nice extras and is easy to use.
Doesn’t work anymore, even after upgrade
Used to love this app, mac says file is damaged and to re-download from the app store. Price has gone up since my original purchase, not cool! Why is there no option to redownload?
Developer Response ,
There should be an option to redownload if you already purchased the app. Make sure you are connected to your account in the App Store (in the Store menu). If you need more assistance, please contact me by email and I'll try to help, or contact Apple who is responsible for managing purchases in the App Store.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.