IMPORTANT NOTE: This version of the BlackBerry® Edit application is built for the BlackBerry Dynamics Secure Mobility Platform and will not operate without the necessary back-end software. Please contact your IT administrator for a username and password.
BlackBerry® Edit is an all-in-one enterprise document solution that makes mobile editing quick and easy. It allows you to securely create, edit and format Microsoft® Word documents, Microsoft® Excel® spreadsheets and Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentations – as well as view PDF files – straight from your device. Unlike other office editing tools that require connectivity, BlackBerry® Edit lets you take care of your editing needs anytime, anywhere – even when offline. With its desktop-like capabilities, industry-leading security and offline access, BlackBerry® Edit is the complete document editing solution for enterprise. BlackBerry® Edit is compatible with both iPhone and iPad, iOS v10.0+
End User Features:
• View, edit and create MS Office files and .txt files.
• Review and Track changes on Word Doc files.
• Convert and Save all office documents as PDFs.
• Open in and edit Interoperability with other BlackBerry Dynamics enabled applications such as BlackBerry Work and BlackBerry Docs.
• File sorting manager for documents stored in your secure container.
• Protect corporate data in motion and at rest with military-grade encryption
BlackBerry Edit is compatible with iOS 15.
Users can undo and redo edits in PDF files.
Freeze panes are now supported in Microsoft Excel.
Ratings and Reviews
Good but lacking
It’s a good app, but there’s no way to apply a password to a document. You can view a document that has one but cannot add a password.
PDFs in landscape view unreadable in new version.
In the latest version of the app, PDFs with pages in both portrait and landscape view get re-PDF’d into entirely portrait view - cutting off or shrinking all of the pages in landscape view. Please fix this issue as it makes PDFs nearly unreadable!
More generally, the new redact functionality is useful although only having the option to completely remove redacted text (instead replacing with solid black or characters like ‘XX’) somewhat limits the benefit. Additional edit functions such as highlighting, underlying, comment boxes and signatures would be much more valuable.
Nice but needs signature capability.
Please add drawing capability so you can add your signature to documents.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- BlackBerry Corporation
- 74 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2020 BlackBerry Limited. BLACKBERRY and EMBLEM Design are the trademarks or registered trademarks of BlackBerry Limited.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.