Download the only scrolling sheet music reader specialized in Brass, and enjoy the continuous scroll of your sheet music flowing in front of you. Start with our brass-specific FREE library of most popular pieces, including the TOP instructional methods for trumpet to practice. Import your own MusicXML files (Sibelius, Finale..) or convert them to Blackbinder from your PDF files and carry all your sheet music on your iPad, ready for you to annotate and edit at will.
Enjoy the automatic scroll and forget about manually turning pages and page-turning devices today!
BlackBinder has developed a new technology and algorithm that converts pages into a continuous flow that adapts to the music score, scrolling as you play your instrument. Yes, it is very much like a teleprompter, but with a whole set of additional features.
BlackBinder really is going to blow your mind:
1) CONTINUOUS SCROLL
- Never worry about turning pages again
- Focus only on what matters: your performance and the pleasure of playing
- Experience the freedom in your study, rehearsals, exams, master classes, recitals and concerts
2) FREE LIBRARY
- Editor’s picks:
Hummel - Trumpet concerto in E-flat major, S. 49.
Haydn - Trumpet concerto in E-flat major, Hob. VIIe:1.
Böhme - Trumpet concerto in E minor, op. 18.
Neruda - Trumpet concerto.
Arban - Characteristic Studies.
Charlier - 36 Études transcendantes (1st to 14th).
Brandt - Concertpiece no. 2, op. 12.
Rimsky-Korsakov - Flight of the Bumblebee.
Böhme - Ballet scene, op. 31.
3) IMPORT YOUR OWN PDF & MUSICXML SHEET MUSIC
- Import and convert scores from your own PDF or MusicXML (exported from any notation software like Sibelius, Finale...) files.
4) MANAGE REPETITIONS
- No more PDF editing for repetitions. Choose which ones you want to perform and they will appear concatenated where they should be. In Blackbinder you don’t need to save paper ;-)
5) EDIT AND SHARE YOUR SCORES
- Add modify or delete notes, ligatures, lines, texts, metronome marks, etc
- Share all of the aforementioned with any other user
- Customize the visualization: set the distance between staves, margins..
6) ANNOTATE AND SHARE
- Choose from a palette of colors to make all annotations you need
- Organize your annotations in different layers
- Share your annotations in real time with your colleagues, students or classmates
7) ORGANIZE YOUR SCORES
- Organize "My Scores" creating, ordering and grouping your pieces in multiple playlists. You will have them ready for your exams or concerts
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of renewal.
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
- Bluetooth headphones compatible
- Portrait orientation for iPad PRO 12.9" (4th Gen)
- Minor errors fixed
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
No page turning!
I’ve been using Blackbinder as my primary iPad music-reading device, and I couldn’t be happier with the self-scrolling feature! Having used other apps with page turns and distracting pedal-tapping, this app allows the user to forget about the distractions of paper music and focus solely on the most important thing, the music. All you do is input the tempi you want throughout the entire piece and press start, and the music will begin moving up the screen until you arrive at the end. So easy. Another benefit is the clarity of the scores. In other apps, the only way to receive scores is to download scanned images, but Blackbinder scores are all xml files and they are so easy to read. The staves are bigger and the notes are all super clear. One downside is the amount of music currently available in the Blackbinder database. There are quite a few trumpet etudes and exercises, but I play horn, and there are only 3 pieces available right now. However, they are always updating their available scores, so I’m sure there will be more available in the near future.
Very very helpful for live performance and recording
We have been using the BlackBinder app in concerts with Axiom Brass, and in general have been very pleased. It allows us to completely forget about turning pages and focus entirely on the music. The only comments I would have is sometimes takes a little while to figure out the exact settings for the piece (any and all tempo changes) in order for it to flow exactly with the music. But once you have that all worked out, it is fantastic. Hopefully someday there is sound recognition and it can follow along with all of the tempo changes in the music.
I also highly recommend for etude and solo use, especially when you have to turn pages, it provides a great way to have uninterrupted scrolling.
Future is finally arrived into Classical Music!
This app is the greatest thing it has happened to Classical musicians in a long time! Having to deal with page turning is something from the past thanks to Blackbinder.
It’s not only helpful, but also easy to use, has a nice outlook and it’s in a constant development to make it even better!
If I had to choose only one word, that would be “Freedom”. That’s how I feel using Blackbinder, because I can focus just on my playing.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Rolling Scores, S. L.
- 72.2 MB
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © Rolling Scores, S. L.
- In-App Purchases
- MONTHLY Premium $9.49
- ANNUAL Premium $96.99
- HALF-YEARLY Premium $47.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.