The Teaching Blending Teacher Edition Application provides teachers with an engaging iPad application to be used in conjunction with the lessons found in the 95 Percent Group Inc. teacher’s guide publication, "Teaching Blending: from /k/ /a/ /t/ to cat in 8 Stages" (sold separately). Teaching Blending is a unique product that specifically provides teachers techniques for blending instruction. Blending instruction is broken into easy-to-define stages leading from awareness to mastery:
Blending Awareness with Phonemes and Letters
Voiced and Silent Rehearsal
Eyes only rehearsal and no rehearsal
Adjusting the vowel sound
Students are commonly taught how to do continuous blending (sound by sound and then blending to read the word) and then left primarily on their own to learn how to read whole words blended without sub-vocalizing. This approach is not sufficient for many students to achieve mastery of the skill. Teaching Blending provides the stages needed to transition a student from reading words sound by sound to reading whole words blended. This app:
- Enables teachers to use engaging animation and gestures to lead students through 8 stages of learning blending skills.
- Can be used in small group intervention settings, and whole class settings if connected to a projector.
- Does not require access to the Internet after download.
- The Teacher App allows mobile access to the “I Do and We Do” portions of the Teaching Blending lessons in the Teacher's Guide (sold separately).
- May be used in conjunction with our Teaching Blending Student Edition (sold separately) to provide students opportunity for individual practice and reinforcement.
Updated for IOS 11
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.