This is the official BLINK Cincinnati app. BLINK Cincinnati will transform the Banks, downtown, OTR, and Covington districts into a spectacularly connected work of light, music, and art.
The BLINK Cincinnati app matches your location with nearby BLINK light installations and experiences, offering notifications when you're close to one and walking directions to help you get there. The map overlay allows you to see what is most popular in three ways: what's hot right now, where people have been spending the most time, and which BLINK Cincinnati experiences visitors just had to see more than once. If you're having trouble picking a starting point, we have five curated walking tours to help you get around and make the most of your time at BLINK Cincinnati.
Learn more about the BLINK artists and their art with the tap of a button. This clear and helpful app will ensure that attendees can make the most of BLINK Cincinnati on both sides of the river.
Minor Bug Fixes and Enhancements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Map works great. Can’t figure out how to read full installation descriptions though. Hopefully they’ll update it before the weekend.
Blink is such a unique and exciting event for our city. But I am disappointed in this app’s abilities and accuracy.
- There are several points on the map that are placed incorrectly (Ex: ‘Light Streams’ was a full block west of where the map showed it and the point for ‘Huemanity’ was centered on the Freedom Center making it look like it was inside the building but it was actually a projection map on the east face of the building). For Blink visitors that are trying to see as much as possible and cover as much ground as they can, it is very frustrating to walk a block in one direction only to find there’s nothing there. Perhaps there was last minute changes to the locations of the installations but the app should’ve been updated.
- Even if the points were placed accurately on the map, it would still be helpful to have a written description of the location. Just something brief, (ex: “At the intersection of..”)
- It would also be great if the points were symbolized by the type of installation (projection, mural, sculpture, etc)
I still love Blink and believe that an app based map would be the best tool to navigate through the event. But I was very disappointed that this year the app fell so short. Hopefully the next time around this app can be improved.
It works pretty well...except during the event
While walking around Blink last night all I could get was a map showing blips where installations were, but no information about be working what each installation was. Morning after the event, it seems to be working great, so I can read all about the stuff I walked by because I wasn't sure whether that blip 2 blocks away was worth a detour or not. My advice is print out a map before you go.
- Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber
- 69.2 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2019 Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.