Tidepool Mobile is a companion uploader and notes app for Tidepool Web, a free web app where you can see data from your insulin pump, continuous glucose monitor (CGM), and blood glucose meter, all in one place. Create your free Tidepool account at tidepool.org/signup.
As an uploader app, Tidepool Mobile allows you to:
* Upload data automatically from Apple Health to Tidepool. This data may include blood glucose, insulin, food, and activity data collected by Apple Health from your authorized apps like Dexcom, Companion InPen, MySugr, OneDrop, SugarSense, OneTouch Reveal, Accu-Chek Connect, and your manual entries.
* Opt in to donate your de-identified uploaded data to the Tidepool Big Data Donation Project. Find out more at https://www.tidepool.org/bigdata.
As a notes app, Tidepool Mobile allows you to:
* Tag your CGM, pump, and blood glucose meter data with a note for context.
* Track your favorite meals and your regular exercise, and learn from what you see.
* Search for events you've noted before so you can use your data to help you in real-time, like seeing how your glucose responded to a #walk or #popcorn the last time you used that tag.
* Comment on your data. You and your care team can add comments in Tidepool Mobile and see them in context in Tidepool Web’s more comprehensive visualization and, vice versa, any notes you add in Tidepool Web will then show in your Tidepool Mobile app as well.
Tidepool’s suite of tools is compatible with Dexcom, Abbott’s FreeStyle Libre readers, Medtronic, Tandem, Insulet Omnipod, and Animas insulin pumps, as well as many blood glucose meters. Learn more at tidepool.org/devices.
Fixes a crash when expanding notes in iOS 14.
Ratings and Reviews
Why does it only display 8 hours?
This seems really only useful for uploading data. In a time where everyone is on mobile, tidepool is really dropping the ball by having such a lackluster app.
No customization. No way to show data over 8 hours long. It doesnt automatically show your days like any reasonable bg app would. You have to manually make a note just to see a small snippet. Did they make this app terrible on purpose?
Amazing App for Tracking Trends
Our endo recommended this app for my 13 year old son and it has been an excellent addition to our care plan. It has allowed us to track how specific things impact his blood sugar by using the search feature and he loves the # concept. We have tried countless apps and he has never stuck with using them. This has been the exception.
I love Tidepool because it allows us to communicate with his endo team through the note option and they can see all of his devices. No more keeping a log and writing numbers down. It’s brilliant. My son, his dad and I all three have the app as well as the school nurse which allows all to make notes. It truly allows us to work as a team in managing his T1D.
I will continue to suggest the app to every T1D family I meet. Excellent job!
What is with the notes thing?
Seriously, every other data visualisation tool just shows me my data, WITHOUT having to add a not and then only showing me a few hours of it.
Also, MAKE IT WORK ON MOBILE!
This idea that to truly see your data you need a desktop computer is crazy nowadays.
I want to like it, but so far I hate dealing with Tidepool.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Tidepool Project
- 36.1 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2019 Tidepool Project
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.