***** “This is the best Wordpress App that I have used (including the official one). It is also backed by superb support. Lovely intuitive functionality, a must for the casual or more serious blogger”
BlogPad Pro is the most professional & full-featured blogging app for running ALL your WordPress and Blogger blogs from your iPad. Blog online, in airplane mode or when you don’t have an internet connection – just sync your changes when you’re done! Autosave & Conflict Management features also ensure that you won't lose or unwittingly overwrite your hard work & with the best Visual Editor (WYSIWYG) on the iPad, BlogPad Pro is the only blogging app you will ever need.
• Supports WordPress-hosted, self-hosted WordPress and Blogger blogs
• Manage multiple blogs all in one app - even with different user accounts
• Offline or airplane mode - automatically saves content locally if you don't have an internet connection to stop you losing work
• Conflict Management - never unwillingly overwrite your work (or that of others) when working on a multi-user blog or editing from different devices
• One-click sync to upload all your changes when you go back online
• View Statistics (WordPress only, requires Jetpack plugin for self-hosted blogs)
• Fantastic Visual Editor (WYSIWYG): Visually style your posts & pages - No coding required! Maintains clean HTML
• Markdown Mode - edit Posts & Pages using Markdown
• Write & edit HTML
• Dropbox integration - add images or links to other files from your Dropbox account
• TextExpander Touch support for Visual Editor, HTML & Markdown Modes, plus managing Comments
• Check, manage & reply to blog Comments on the go (WordPress only)
• Read blogs you subscribe to via your WordPress reader or browse by Tag
• Create, edit & delete Posts & Pages
• Easily find that Post, Page or Media item you're looking for with our search, filtering, sort & paging options
• Set the status of your Posts - Draft, Pending, Published, Scheduled
• Schedule publishing for Posts & Pages
• Easily add images & other media from your iPad, Dropbox, a URL, or your Media Library
• Add new & existing Tags & Categories to your blog Posts (WordPress only)
• Easily link within your own blog content for improved SEO
• Post settings - turn comments on/off, post visibility, add tags/categories, schedule a publish date
• Advanced post settings: ‘sticky’, custom fields, slug, post formats, excerpt (WordPress only)
• Add & edit Featured Images (WordPress only)
• Preview Posts & Pages (On or Offline) (WordPress only)
• Upload & link to hi-res versions of photos
• Option to automatically re-size new images
• Autosaving of Posts & Pages to your device - never lose your work
• Undo/Redo any changes
• Text Format, Font & Size
• Font foreground & highlight colour (& store your favourites)
• Bold, Italic, Strikethrough, Underline
• Align text left, right, center, justified
• Bulleted/Numbered lists
• Create hyperlinks, within your blog (searchable) or externally
• Add images, video or other media from:
- Your iPad Camera Roll
- Your WordPress Media Library (searchable)
- Camera (take a photo whilst editing)
• TextExpander Touch support for ALL modes (Visual Editor, HTML, Markdown)
• Markdown - convert Markdown to HTML & vice versa
• HTML - edit HTML manually
• Spell Checker - you can also select the spell check language independently of the app's language. Choose from: 14 languages
• Find, Search & Replace text in Visual Editor mode
• Word Count
• Table Creator, quickly create table layouts
• Indent/Outdent text
• "More Text" (splits the content of your post) - (WordPress only)
• "Next Page" (separates your posts into different pages) - (WordPress only)
• Any WordPress-hosted blog
• Self-hosted WordPress blogs running version 2.92 or higher
• Any Blogger blog
• Apple iPad running iOS 5 or later
* Fixed issue for Blogger users where Password would not be remembered
* Fixed issue with YouTube videos - we now use the latest version of YouTube's API
* Improvements to the login process for self-hosted WordPress blogs
* Added "epub" file type as a possible for upload to WordPress installs
* Fixed bug with the Visual Editor's "Show/Hide Advanced Toolbar" button
Ratings and Reviews
The Best All-Around Blogging Tool - But ...
Where are the developers. I have raved about the great example this particular app is of sound, intelligent and well though-out app development in general. Specifically as a blogging tool there really is nothing out there like it. Maybe Hootsuite comes the closest, but ... really no. Not even that much more expensive app does what Blogpad Pro does. And, it’s made to work with all blogging platforms. Because the developers have just suddenly disappeared off of the planet, I periodically go looking for alternatives and I’m writing to let you know there are simply none and I keep returning to this one.
There are some decent blogging apps that are for specific blogs, like WordPress, Blogger, Medium and etc., but I need something that is transparent to the blogging platform and and also a complete and functional tool. Blogpad Pro is it.
Where are you dear developers, please return. If it’s aliens from outer space and you can find a way to get a message to me, I will assemble an army. If you don’t want to come back then please appointment new and equally competent developers to pick up where you left off.
But in all seriousness folks, this app remains highly functional even on the very latest iOS release, as of October 2018. A bit of a learning curve for absolute newbies, but it’s worth the effort.
No updates since 2 years!
its 2017 now.. when is the long 3 year overdue update to the app coming??? the FB page and website haven't been updTed since 2013!
The blog pad pro app is seriously outdated. It hasn't been updated in the iOS App Store for well over two years. Is it deprecated now and you are just going to abandon it? Lots of us paying customers expect a paid app to remain in the app store. but you have abandoned it, and no updates for nearly three years!!
do you think I would buy any of your other apps? When people stop updating their app and it's a paid app, I consider that to be bordering on fraudulent. It's the problem with App Store: namely, that many developers are withdrawing their apps from the marketplace after hundreds of thousands of people have actually paid for the app. Others just allow the app to deprecate and disappear. But the problem is when you have paid for an app then it should not disappear. I can see blog pad pro disappearing soon because I don't see an update on the appstore in the last three years.
you made your money and now you are lazy to provide further support. Not very faith instilling when you see the developer just leave an app to rot for three years. Looks like you have abandoned ship!
Versatile and less annoying than the WP app
I love Wordpress, but its app has always been a little funky. For example certain features of the WP app don't let you write more than two or three letters with the screen or a Bluetooth keyboard.
So far the BlogPad Pro app is awesome for WP. You can write while offline (can't do that on WP) and you can even create pages and do some light editing of your WP site. The only thing I can't seem to do is certain WP theme customizations. But that's no big deal. I would give it a 5 star review but I haven't used it that much yet and I can't vouch for it yet.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.