Bug fixes and other improvements to game performance
Ratings and Reviews
Very good game
I waited until after defeating the game to give feedback. Ditto to numerous positive feedback already given. I do want to address the complaint that the game is too difficult, meant to force you to spend money. Actually, with a little strategy you can beat it without spending a dime. For example, it makes absolutely no good to upgrade your HP to 1000 if one enemy's blow will cause 1001 in damage. So you're better off saving that money for your weapon or shield. Another tip is to use your upgrade points wisely. Adding a few points to your health or weapon does not help much, but adding it to your block will be much more beneficial. As you win more games, new amulets will be available and you should choose the endure amulet, which gives you back a fraction of your health after a fatal blow. This is like having a second chance and is worth everything.
I got all my gear from the challengers. All you need is a good weapon and the endure amulet for a second chance and you should be able to defeat the game.
Overall a fun game with amazing graphics. The only thing I would change is the fact that the emperor is much easier to defeat than the female gladiator with claws. I think she should have been the final opponent. It may just be me, however.
Awesome game! I have one constant issue: Daily Challenge counters are screwed up. I was battling Segou (the first only gladiator I fought that day) and I won one of the challenges: Defeat 35 gladiators. It was my first one! How can I get that challenge on the first match? I got it even before the match was finished! Also, there was another one. I got the challenge "Execute 42 blocks" in the same match. It must have been counting my hits because I only executed 4 blocks. Please fix this!
I have a few suggestions:
1. Add a 'daily fight' where you can fight a gladiator that has random stats on it. It would take away the fact that each of the other gladiators always have the same stats.
2. Make it so you can aim in different areas. Instead of each attack coming into contact with the chest make it so you can aim for the head, legs and such. It would be cool if you added special damage or crippling effects to different areas if they're hit.
3. Make it so you can aim your shield so blocking is more effective. Example: If you aim the shield to the right, an attack coming in from the left would damage you, and if you aim it down and there is an attack coming from below (uppercut) it will be blocked.
4. Add multiplayer matches. This would gives us the ability to compete against each other and see who is more powerful.
5. Make it so you can move around the arena. It would make it more of a challenge and make it a bit easier.
Otherwise, wonderful game! Worthy of 100 🌟s!
Has potential (fix update)
It's a fun app without question. The secret however is to collect the daily bonuses and NOT buy equipment as it comes out. I have yet to spend a dime on this game and have won every battle (The last challenge was insane and I had to revive several times but the sword (makaira) was well worth it). I am afraid to update given all the negative reviews regarding such. Fight til you can't win without having to buy equipment. After that, keep fighting the first challenge boss. You will get a lot from it as the giant is weaker than tier two onwards. No, I'm NOT referring to the first enemy but the first CHALLENGE. Do that and save up since you get insane rewards you keep doing it without losing any health. You also level up quickly and unlock much better equipment. As long as the makers keep that, I don't want to hear anyone complaining about having to pay money to advance. Graphics were great. Some weird stuff after getting a lv3 special on an enemy (turned different direction and you had to think of their angle and react in time which gets difficult sometimes). The only items I don't have are the libitina attire (all) and the power axe (2500 or so attack) and two other swords. I have the makaira (my fave sword (1500 atk)) Three stars because I don't want to lose everything from the update.
- Glu Games Inc
- 304.9 MB
Requires iOS 4.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPad, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), iPod touch (5th generation), iPod touch (6th generation), and iPod touch (7th generation).
English, French, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2012 Glu Mobile
- In-App Purchases
- 40 Rubies Pack $1.99
- 100 Rubies Pack $4.99
- 260 Rubies Pack $9.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.