BloodPressureMD allows to record, store, chart, and analyze your blood pressure measurements: Systolic, Diastolic, Pulse, Mean Arterial Pressure and Pulse Pressure. This easy-to-use macOS App allows you to chart your blood pressure parameters over time and monitor your improvements. It is important that you "Know Your Numbers", to avoid being surprised with high blood pressure (Hypertension).
BloodPressureMD is a perfect solution for individuals who are interested in awareness, management and analysis of their blood pressure over time.
Professional medical doctors can benefit by using this simple App to track the improvements made by their patients, as well as to standardized the transfer of BP data between doctors and patients. All the reports, screens and charts can be exported as BMP, JPG, PNG or PDF formats and data as CSV files.
To classify and analyze your BP measurements, this macOS App uses Guidelines harmonized from the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, Mayo Clinic, and the American Heart Association.
This macOS App is easy to use, extremely fast, and highly accurate.
• Record your blood pressure (BP) measurements data:
Date, Time, Systolic, Diastolic, Pulse, and Comments
• The App computes the Mean Arterial Pressure and the Pulse Pressure
• Store your BP data on your computer
• Add, delete or modify any entry of your BP data
• BP data is displayed in table-view format, simply double-click to modify
• Date and Time entries don't have to be keyed-in, if you use current date and time
• BP data files can be stored for all family members
• For professional medical doctors or cardiologists, BP data files can be stored for multiple patients
• Displays systolic blood pressure, diastolic blood pressure, and pulse (heart beat) charts
• Displays mean arterial pressure, and pulse pressure charts
• Displays BP Tracking log with your BP data and are classified by the Guidelines
• Displays a blank BP Tracking log for printing and tracking your BP data manually
• Displays your Blood Pressure Statistics
• Displays the Guidelines
• All screens, charts, logs, and the Guidelines can be copied, printed and exported as BMP, JPG, PNG or PDF formats
• BP data files are saved in CSV format
Typographical errors (yyyy) and changes in the UserGuide.
Ratings and Reviews
App Needs Major Refinements
The app description looked very interesting, so I bought/down loaded it. This app may have some "good intentions" but setup and entering data is very cumbersome. As one enters data the program should look @ the previous entry so one doesn’t have to enter the date/time in a awkward, repetitive format. The app should be smart enough to note date/time directly from the OS. Next we find the setup initially saves the data as a CSV file?? Why not save in a more convenient format, PDF, JPEG.. The description says it has the capability but nowhere to be found in the 1st time app setup. My recommendation to the originator, pull this back and rework the app to be more user friendly.. It says it has a user manual is available, but found nothing??
Developer Response ,
Guessing how an App works can be very frustrating, that is why I wrote a 64-page UserGuide.pdf explaining in detail how it works. On the Help menu, scroll-down to UserGuide(pdf) to open the User Guide. The 14th page explains Data Entry – Format. The Date and Time default is the macOS current date and time, so if the entry field is left blank it will be automatically filled. You don’t have to enter anything. The App is smart enough to know, that if there is no entry, the macOS current date and time will be used.
The data is saved in CSV. To display your data, click on the Data menu, scroll-down to BPTracking Log and all you data is displayed. Now, you can save as BMP, JPG, PNG by using File> Export As… > BMP, JPG, PNG or simply close the Window, and the App is smart enough to ask you if you want to save as PDF.
All the answers to your concerns are listed in the UserGuide.pdf. Hope you can improve your Review Score. Any future concerns post your questions on bloodpressureMD.com and I will be glad to help you.
Excellent Blood Pressure App
This App is an excellent tool to monitor and track your Blood Pressure, Heart Rate and two other measures I have not seen in other Apps: Mean Arterial Pressure and Pulse Pressure. The App is very user friendly, allows you to enter your data or download from numbers or excel using csv and shows tracking of systolic and diastolic blood pressure, and pulse in a chart. The Mean Arterial Pressure and Pulse Pressure of each reading can also be tracked and compare to the Heart Association guidelines. It also allows you to make corrections when needed and shows statistical graphs, measurement analysis and a comprehensive report to indicate progress. The best part is that I can send all of these reports via email to my doctor or put them on my iPad. I would highly recommend this App to anyone who needs to monitor their BP.
- Mario Perez-Wilson Inc
- 6.2 MB
OS X 10.11 or later, 64-bit processor
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2018 Mario Perez-Wilson, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.