Meet the new Bloodworks App. Lifesaving power in your palm. Sign up to give blood wherever, whenever. Personal profile and alerts help you see where you’re needed. And how many people you’ve helped. It only takes a couple taps to make a difference. Join a group to cheer on fellow donors. Choose how and when you hear from us. After you’ve donated, learn your blood type and whose life you’ve changed. Learn about the latest donor perks.
• The Bloodworks App makes it easy to make a difference. Schedule a blood donation in just couple taps, anytime, anywhere. Map feature makes it easy to find a center or blood drive near you. Tap the blood drop icon at the bottom of the home screen to get started.
• Track your community impact with the Bloodworks App. See your blood type and donation history, and find out when you’re eligible to give again. Tap the profile icon at the bottom to see your personal dashboard.
• Feel like you’re part of something bigger. Form or join groups to cheer on friends and colleagues and compete to reach new donation milestones. Inspire others to join your lifesaving efforts.
• See your donation in action. Get updates when it’s been delivered and read about real patients affected by Bloodworks donors. Turn on push notifications under settings.
• Phone calls not your thing? No problem. You control your settings to choose how and when you hear from us. Tap on notifications to customize your contact preferences.
• Perks of Giving. Swipe through the home page banners to learn about the latest donor perks, promotions, events. Plus, read personal stories of impact and donation facts.
Learn more about the Bloodworks Northwest at www.BloodworksNW.org
Minor bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Very frustrating. I have been a longtime donor, usually call and make an appointment, but today (a Sunday) was just a spur of the moment decision to donate. I tried calling the donor center to schedule, but the call center is closed on Sundays. I tried downloading this app that I read about in an email. Cool! Way to get modern. NOPE! Doesn’t work. I was able to see what appointments were available (in theory) but when I tried to click on an open time slot...nothing. Nada. Zip. Kaput. Worthless. I love giving my time and donating but when I try to work within the system and the system is broken, it’s frustrating.
Good for tracking, not scheduling
I like the idea of an app to help schedule blood donation and have my info on it! But I want to be able to schedule based on location, not date. I usually donate at my work, which only happens every few weeks, and I’m not able to see upcoming dates at a specific location, so the app is pretty useless to helping me donate. If you’re willing to travel to donate on a specific date, though, it seems pretty slick. Once you wade through all the fluff features— there’s a lot of extra stuff here that I’m not sure users really need front and center.
Worse than just using the webpage
Can’t schedule apheresis donations. Can’t update contact info. Why does this app exist? It’s strictly less useful than the Bloodworks webpage.
It’s less usable than the webpage, too. Text is chopped off. Photos have the wrong aspect ratio. Mystery icons have no labels. It’s just sloppy all around.
They should have spent the effort improving the webpage instead. A few minor fixes there would go a long way.
Update: I don’t think the developers understand. I don’t want the apps to have more features. I want the webpage to be improved. They’ve also been making the webpage worse, presumably to drive web users to their apps. Why? Why can’t we just have one good webpage, instead of separate mediocre experiences on 3 different platforms? We never asked for this.
Developer Response ,
Hi Kokubu, Thank you for being a donor! We're sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with the new app. The two app features you're looking forward to (contact preferences and apheresis) are coming soon. The ability to schedule apheresis donations is coming in early 2019. Our team at 800-398-7888 would be happy to look into the other issues you're experiencing or feedback on how we can improve the app for all donors. Thank you for supporting patients in our community!
- 143.5 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5S, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (9.7‑inch), iPad Pro (9.7-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (10.5‑inch), iPad Pro (10.5-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad mini (5th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (7th generation), iPad (7th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © bloodworks
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.