One app for all your parent communication.
Bloomz is the FREE award-winning app that saves teachers lots of time in all parent communications, while creating a supportive classroom community.
“Make your life easier by consolidating all of your communications and coordination with parents.” – WeAreTeachers
“If you’re looking for ways to build relationships with and between families, check out Bloomz!” – The Cornerstone for Teachers
“There’s one app that does it all, it’s called Bloomz.” – Vicki Davis (CoolCatTeacher)
Bloomz makes it easy for teachers to securely share photos, classroom updates and reach parents instantly through messaging, as well as to coordinate events (like PT Conferences) and sign up for volunteers.
Bloomz now supports Student Timelines, a simple & beautiful way to capture and share student-driven portfolios. Students can publish their work by quickly scanning a QR code and annotating their work. Teachers can approve and instantly share with parents on Student's Timelines.
With Bloomz teachers can:
- Post class updates and share pictures, and see who’s viewing them
- Manage events and calendar, with built-in reminders
- Schedule Parent-Teacher Conferences in seconds
- Sign up volunteers in a few easy steps
- Message one or more parents, without sharing their cell phone number
- Send alerts notifications for urgent matters, to both phone and email in one click.
- Invite parents via email or class code for privacy
- Capture & share student-driven portfolios with parents securely via Student Timelines
- Reinforce students’ positive behavior, sharing notes and awards with parents
With Bloomz parents can:
- Sign up FREE and be notified via SMS/TEXT messaging
- Choose between push and email notifications, as well as their frequency
- Read posts in their preferred language with one-click translations (80 languages available)
- Communicate with other parents for play dates, carpooling and more
- New Education Product of 2016 – EdTech Digest
- 2015 Awards of Excellence – Tech & Learning
- The National Parenting Center Seal of Approval
- Top 20 Most Promising K12 Technology – CIO Review
- People’s Choice Award – Stevie Awards
- Best of Show @ ISTE 2016 – Tech & Learning
- Best Website for Teaching and Learning 2016 – American Association of School Librarians (AASL)
Bloomz is always free for teachers, parents and schools. Bloomz may experiment with different premium experiences, while continue to offer both educators and parents a free platform to connect, coordinate and communicate.
The Bloomz Convenience Pack is an easy and quick way to download and share media posted on Bloomz, in full resolution, and without restrictions.* For only $1.67 a month (billed annually at $19.99), parents get photo and video downloads at full resolution on both mobile and desktop, with multiple media selection (including full albums) and unlimited access, even after class is archived. Note: Teachers can always upload unlimited number of photos and/or videos to share with parents at no cost.
* Your subscription is effective for 1 calendar year starting with your purchase. Your iTunes account will be charged at confirmation of purchase and automatically renews at the then current price, unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings, and you can cancel any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. You can ask for a refund within the first 15 days as long as no content has been downloaded after payment. Prices shown are in U.S. dollars. Other restrictions apply.
Follow us on:
-- Bug fixes
-- Flag and mute notification in message
Ratings and Reviews
Our go to way of communicating!
The past three years of using Bloomz has helped simplify and enhance the way we send out information at our preschools! Now not only I as a supervisor can send out notices / emails to parents but so can all of our teachers. I no longer have to wait to send out important information till I get back to my computer. I can just send out an alert, announcement or post straight from my phone. Same for the parents, they get the information faster directly to their phones but still can get it on their computer if that is what they prefer (works on both). Bloomz has been essential in emergency alerts as well. When sadly we had to evacuate we opened up our phones once we were to our safe location and notified our families. We choose at our site not to use the behavior portion of the app (Never tried it. It might be great, we just don’t need it at our school) but we do rely on sharing all our photos on Bloomz to show what we do in the classroom & we also use the calendar + sign ups. Sign ups could be for conferences, volunteers or pot lucks etc. Thank you Bloomz for helping us create a stronger school community with a convenient way of communicating!
I’ve been using Bloomz for my son’s class since September 2018. It is my first experience with a classroom app and I have to say that I’m not too impressed. It seems glitchy and not very intuitive. I have badge notifications that seem to take days and days to finally go away after I’ve seen any updates. This alone drives me crazy! When I see a notification badge I end up searching all through the app to find something new, alas it’s all old news. Then magically a day or 3 later the badge will finally disappear. I’m always left wondering if I’ve missed something important from the teacher or another parent.
My other issue is that I get notified for every little “like” and “comment” on a post, yet when someone posts photos, there’s no notification. Nothing. Crickets. I’ve recently just stumbled upon some fun pics of my son from October that I had never seen. I’ve also been the main poster of photos for the class and I am 100% certain that no one has seen them. So now I’m wondering that if I post class photos, do I then have to separately send a class-message informing parents to head to the media section to see pics of their kids? Seems very silly and redundant when it could be a simple badge when anything new in any part of the app has been added. I could go on and on. I do like some features, but it could be a LOT better.
Awesome parent/teacher communication
I stumbled upon this app 4 years ago. Each school year I invite my families to the app before I meet them. Our back to school night is before the start of the school year and by that time families know a lot about me. One feature I absolutely love is the conference scheduling option. I have them scheduled before meeting the families. I post daily and sometime multiple times a day. Parents love having an insight to the classroom. It gives them an opportunity to talk with their child about that activity rather than the child giving very little information about the school day. Being able to direct message with parents is great too! It has also been great for the homeroom parent team and me to communicate about class activities around holiday time. Bloomz is especially beneficial right now with social distancing and our schools being closed for 2 weeks. I can video myself and post it to the class. Parents are saying how much the kids love being able to see me even though we are not in school. I love this app and am so glad to have found it! Give it a try!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Bloomz Inc
- 298.3 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2018 Bloomz Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Bloomz Convenience Pack $34.99
- Bloomz Teacher Premium $124.99
- Bloomz Year-End Pack $12.99
- All Access Yearly $124.99