"Entirely unique, without peer on the app store!" - NoDpad
"Original, intense, addictive, and most of all, fun!" - 148apps
Intense planetary defense arcade action! The Blue planet is in peril - take the fight into your own hands, and blast the evil Red and Green enemies out of the sky with the all-new planet cannon!
Blue Defense: Second Wave builds on the legendary pick-up-and-play gameplay of the original 2008 hit, hailed as an "App Store classic" by many. With game modes ranging from just seconds to several hours, you won't be able to put it down!*
6.8 billion lives hang in the balance... how long can you keep them alive?
"A game that's not to be missed." - TouchArcade
"A brilliantly executed game... Replay value is outstanding!" - AppSmile
- The planet cannon lets you take out hundreds of enemies at once!
- All-new Gauntlet mode lets you win the game!**
- Infinite-Classic and Infinite-Quickstart modes - last as long as you can!
- Level select mode - practice a level, and earn medals for your skills!
- 74 mode-based global leaderboards!
- Automatic save state - continue your game, even without iOS 4!
- Updated retro art style
- iPhone 4 Retina resolution graphics
- Runs smooth and fast even on the oldest devices
- Red and Green enemies!
- 24 enemy types!
- 64 all-new levels!
- Over 200 medals to obtain!
- Both multitouch and tilt controls available, both can be used simultaneously
- Tilt controls: bullets shoot up, unless there's no gravity where you are
- Multi-target locking: double-tap the screen where you want to continue shooting
- Planet cannon: tap and drag from the planet to aim, release to fire
- Double-tap the planet to pause
* Seriously, there's a guy who told me he'd play it quietly in his pew waiting for church to start!
** It's the only game mode where you can have more than 0 lives at the end...
Share your score from the leaderboards screen for each level!
Ratings and Reviews
Nine variant missions with multiple levels in each one make for hours of potential gameplay, but expect burnout before you have mastered the game.
The tilt controls are a bit awkward particularly when it is necessary to rotate around 180 degrees. Some of the scoring is odd...such as keeping "breeding enemies" alive to run up your score. Despite these negatives, the controls and the game itself is well executed.
Great when it works, but crashes a lot.
I've been playing in this series since I got the iPod touch second generation and have been a huge fan since then. Now I try to play it on my iPhone 6+ and it works, as long as it can get past the Game Center log in every time I open the app. Nine times out of ten, as soon as the little banner comes down from the top of the screen, the app crashes back to home screen. Once I can manage to get through that, I can usually get a good few minutes before it crashes again. The app needs an update for the newer software. This is the only problem I have found while trying to play. Fix it and I would give it five stars as it should have.
Edit: It does work now! Thank you!
Developer Response ,
We’ve finally come back to maintain our old games!
Hopefully your crash bug has been fixed, let us know if it still happens for you.
Buy it Now!
I came across this game by a review in Touch Arcade. They talked about how great the first one was, and after viewing the trailer for this I was just blown away. This has the best music of any iPhone game i've ever played. Being responsible for 6.8 billion lives on earth is actually a bit intimidating, but it adds to the pressure of saving the blue planet called earth from hundreds of red and green little aliens! It has many different game modes, which keeps things interesting. You can play a survive till you die type of game, choose your own level,or compete for awards. It also has it's own strategy on how to deal with certain aliens as well! While i'm not very good yet, i'm sure i'll be keeping this as one of my favorites games on the iPhone.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Cat in a Box Software Incorporated
- 16.6 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2021, Cat in a Box Software Incorporated
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.