Defend your planet!
Blue Defense puts you in charge of protecting your world from an invasion force that wants nothing more than your utter destruction.
6.7 billion lives hang in the balance... are your hands steady enough to handle the ever-increasing pressure of the attackers?
- Classic mode: play the game as it was in the original game
- Quick Start mode: choose a starting difficulty!
- Level Select mode: practice individual levels, start the game on your favourite level, or try to earn medals!
- Clean, oldschool graphical style
- Global High scores list
- Save state ensures that you can leave and come back to your game at any time
- Hold the device upright
- Tilt left and right to control the stream of bullets
- Double-tap the screen to pause
"If you like shooters, you should just get this game ... it’s all about the gameplay."
"Fantastic, simple, fun, wonderful game. Very unexpected but very much appreciated."
"the way it effortlessly shifts from style to style and handles motion controls make[s it] fresh in a decades-old genre. It's a bullseye for any shooter fan."
"Blue Defense! is tastefully designed and brimming with twists, turns and tongue biting. Its polished graphics, smooth animation and habit-forming gameplay are praiseworthy."
"A great space shooter that utilizes the iPhones controls to the max."
"Apple has finally released the [2.0] update and it does NOT disappoint."
"'Tilt to aim. Bullets shoot straight up.' I said, 'that’s it?' The answer was a wall of red death streaming down towards my planet."
Compatibility with latest iOS devices
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Let me first and foremost say that this is now one of my all-time favorite games on the iPhone. While it lacks in any sound or sound effects the gameplay is very hands on and the random levels are challenging and leave you wanting to go back and replay it more and more.
Suggestions for future updates:
- Main Menu (ft. Play, Resume, High Scores, Settings, Help, Exit)
- Sound / Sound Effects (but still allow the user to control these in a settings panel so they can listen to their own music)
- High Score (show both local and global leaderboard)
- Help (listing of the types of enemies, and listing of powerups)
- Add powerups (multiple guns, explosive charges, lasers, seek-n-destroy missiles, planetary pulse, planet life boost, allied ships providing support)
- Alternate Modes of Play (ex. Timed Challenge... complete a mission in an alloted time)
- Challenge friends directly or at least offer and "email a friend a challenge"
- Look and Feel (the blue and red of the game is great, but you need to have a tighter adherence to the style in the pause button and high score screens)
Keep up the great work and looking forward to seeing how this app develops out!
Update Didn't Fix It
I’ve had this game since my first iPhone 3G in 2010 and it’s always been one of my favorites. However, I haven’t been able to play this game in several years because of incompatibility with modern iOS. Suddenly, and update comes from the developer several days ago, in 2019, claiming to bring compatibility to the game with modern phones, however the game still does not launch. I thought the developer had stopped working on the game, however that doesn’t seem to be the case, although, whatever compatibility tweaks were incorporated in the latest update were not implemented correctly.
Still a great game
This game was my favorite back when I got my first iPod touch many years ago. It warms my heart to see it’s still around and still works on my new phone.
- Cat in a Box Games
- 9.9 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2016, Cat in a Box Games
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.