** Children's Technology Review Editor's Choice
“OOPS…” Blue Hat, Green Hat, Sandra Boynton’s famous and funny book, comes alive with sound and zestily ingenious interactivity. This wonderfully clever digital book app will surprise kids and grownups alike. Turkeys may also enjoy it, if they can ever figure out how to turn the dang thing on.
Three earnest animals and one misguided turkey learn colors and clothes. Though admittedly, the turkey never quite gets the hang of it.
“I have a particular fondness for Blue Hat, Green Hat. At age three, my son Devin had a surprisingly hearty laugh for a small person—a laugh that would make everyone else laugh. I created this book long ago specifically to elicit that belly-laugh from him. It was great fun to re-invent this book as an interactive e-book app, collaborating again with my endlessly clever Loud Crow friends. The digital dimension gave us so many terrific opportunities for adding theatrical flair to this spare yet decidedly Vaudeville book.” - Sandra Boynton
Far beyond any e-book experience, the Blue Hat, Green Hat interactive book app has all the magic and appeal of a traditional pop-up book, offering lively interactivity and nifty discovery.
The third Sandra Boynton book app, all of them created in collaboration between Boynton Moo Media along with the award-winning developer Loud Crow Interactive. Blue Hat, Green Hat follows their wonderful top-selling debut, The Going To Bed Book app, and the glorious bestselling Moo, Baa, La La La! app
* Touch the animals to prompt them to move and respond.
* Touch “OOPS” to cause a different surprise on each page.
* Tilt your device to watch things slide and cascade.
* Dress the turkey with colorful pop-in/pop-out clothes
* Boynton has redrawn and recolored the original illustrations, and also added new touch-animations
* Wonderful resonant and wry narration by British Invasion legend, Billy J. Kramer
* Includes a original sounds and soundtrack, “William Mattel Overture,” a melody for toy crank-guitar, written by Sandra Boynton, performed by Michael Ford
* Realistic page turning interactions just like the original board book
* “The Big Guy Reads It” narration mode with word highlighting to help improve reading skills
* Or “I want to read it myself” to hear individual words pronounced with the tap of a finger
Visit us: www.loudcrow.com
Follow us: twitter.com/loudcrowinc
Like us: facebook.com/loudcrow
iOS 10 compatibility
Bug fixes and optimizations
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Lots of fun!
My 2-year-old loves this app! I agree with previous reviewers that the narrator is monotone & boring, but really my son isn't listening to the narrator - he is playing! We played this several times before we found all the fun things you can do on each page. On the shoe page, you can get the characters to walk all the way off the page! My favorite is dressing the turkey in whatever combination you like, and you get to put the extra clothes away in the dresser!
Cute & fun for little ones. It is pretty expensive compared to other apps we have which give you a much longer & more in-depth experience.
But the bundle. Totally worth it!
My husband and I both use these. iPhone 6 Plus and 7 plus. Never have issues except 1-2 times if my phone had been on vibrate when I went into app there wouldn’t be sound. Turn vibrate off, exit app and go back and it’s perfect. My children love these. 2 and 3 and both with autism. When my son, 2, is having meltdowns sometimes the sound of this book is all that’ll bring him out of it. Works on his fine motor skills too.
Excellent interactive story
After our first read through my almost 2 year old asked, “again”?
The narrator’s unremarkable reading is perfect for letting the illustrations and animations tell the story.
My older children enjoyed this board book when they were young and now the app will allow us all to enjoy it over and over together on-the-go when we need to pass time or cheer up a sad little one.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.