The Blue Hour describes a period of dawn and dusk, when the sky is colored specially which is very interesting for photography. The duration and timing of the Blue Hour varies depending on location and on the date. In order to achieve optimum results and to plan in advance the app Blue Hour (solar calculator) has been developed.
The calculations are not only limited to the blue hour. Further information for sun and moon events can also be calculated. This includes information about sunrise, sunset together with data of the blue hour, golden hour and twilight times (civil, nautical and astronomical). Furthermore you can calculate information about moonrise, moonset, moon phases and moon illumination (calculated data are approximations of +/- 1 day accuracy).
In this app you can view data for multiple locations. These can be defined manually or automatically by getting your GPS location. Additionally you have the opportunity to manually set timezones of the locations, which can be helpful if you are planning trips to locations with another timezone than the one, where you currently are in.
Core features at a glance:
• Calculation of sunrise, sunset and solar noon
• Calculation of moonrise and moonset, moonphase and moon illumination
• Calculation of civil blue hour
• Calculation of twilight times (civil, nautical and astronomical)
• Calculation of golden hour
• Visualization of the azimuth-data of sunrise, sunset, moonrise and moonset
• Visualization of the azimuth-data of sun and moon for specific time
• Reminder for events
• monthly forecast
• 5 days weather prediction
• definition of multiple locations, including current position (based on GPS)
Note: the calculated values are approximations. Additionally it depends on weather situation, how good or if any solar event is visible.
• iOS 13 adaptions + dark mode support
If you love Blue Hour (Solar Calculator), please leave a review on the App Store.
Ratings and Reviews
Needs to show direction you're facing
It's good for shooing times and directions. Would be greatly improved by adding a VR aspect. Also if the map would show the direction you're facing that would be great.
I love your app, at first I difficulty enabling the GPS but once it got enabled it worked like a breeze.
Developer Response ,
when adding/editing just enable "Use current location (GPS)" to get current position when choosing the location. Its working perfectly fine on all my testing devices.
Great for the price
Compared to a lot of the other apps that do a similar thing this one stacks up quite well. Especially when you look at the prices. It could use a few enhancements but it is great at what it does.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Robert Ehrhardt
- 22 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © Robert Ehrhardt
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.