Manage your health care from anywhere with the Blue Shield of California app. View your ID card,
search for doctors, track your claim information, understand your benefits and more. The Blue Shield of
California app provides BSC and BSC Promise members enhanced 24/7 service and ease-of-access to the information
that matters most.
As a member of Blue Shield of California or Blue Shield Promise, with our app you can:
• View your personalized dashboard
• Search for doctors and facilities, by doctor specialty, by location, and/or by name
• Display and share your Blue Shield of California ID card
• Track the current status of your plan usage, including deductibles and copayments
• Review your claims, and track the progress of new claims from outset to finalization
• Submit out-of-network claims
• Pay your monthly premiums
• Review your health care team, including your doctors’ credentials, locations and contact information
• See your health insurance plan information, including important documents like your plan summary and Evidence of Coverage (EOC)
• Review family members on your plan and see their personal information
• View your benefits, including information on custom benefits, general exclusions and benefit maximums
• Learn about our benefit discount programs, like dental, vision and pharmacy
• Find urgent care
• Quickly access your member information without having to type in your username password. Touch ID is now available for members using compatible devices.
This app is intended for use by Blue Shield of California and Blue Shield Promise Health Plan members who are residents of California.
©Blue Shield of California is an independent member of the Blue Shield Association.
Thanks for using the Blue Shield of California app! This update includes optimizations to the claims screens that make it easier to submit questions regarding your claims.
This version also includes updates to the out of state provider search to make your search experience easier.
Ratings and Reviews
Don’t delete existing password after update
Needing to contact Teladoc, I was forced to update the app before usage. When update completed, the update no-longer took my existing password. When I attempted to login with some passwords I remembered and unsuccessful, my account was locked and your “forgot password” feature is not working.
I was trying to do this on a Saturday of a long weekend. Now, your company customer service is closed til Tuesday and I’m stuck with a massive back pain thanks to that update!
Awful, despicable company that should be forcibly removed from the marketplace.
I have been trying to add my wife to my plan for 2 solid months. Filed all our information on time. We’re both in our thirties in good health, it should have been a simple process. Instead, I’ve been on hold for probably a total of at least 10 hours, had my calls dropped countless times, and the customer service is the most ruthlessly ineffective bunch of liars I have ever had the utter misfortune of speaking to. Consequently my wife has been uninsured for 2 months. During a pandemic. When I’ve done everything correctly and on time.
I have had Blue Shield for 2 years and have hardly used it because again, I’m in good health. This is how this company works. They have no problem getting you on a monthly payment, but good luck if you ever need to make changes or speak to customer service in any meaningful way. I have spoken to health care professionals that dread when you pull out a Blue Shield card because they know they’ll be spending an hour on the phone just to confirm your enrollment.
But hey, the app is fine. They earn that one star.
Does the job, and developers fixed crash issue within a week
Works well to get to most info. One quibble for the one missing star - login & touch ID are still a little flaky, and sometimes have to login and enable Touch ID all over again. It seems to be somewhat related to the app's state when last exited. Killing off the app between launches seems to prevent it. Also it pops up a "Your session has expired" error with a confirm dialog, instead of just prompting for fresh fingerprint as other apps do.
Not sure what happened, but after latest update (4.1) or crashes after login on loading screen. IPhone 6s using touch id login.
Developer Response ,
We appreciate the feedback and are sorry for the inconvenience. We’ve released a new update in the iOS store that has fixed the issue and recommend you update the app now.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Blue Shield California
- 86.8 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Blue Shield of California
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.