Bluebeam® Revu® for iPad lets you work without limits from anywhere. Access and navigate PDFs on the go. Markup PDFs with industry-standard symbols in the field, and verify measurements on the fly. Collaborate with colleagues in real time using Revu’s cloud-based solution, Bluebeam Studio™, which instantly renders large format single sheet PDFs so productivity isn’t compromised. All it takes is a tap and swipe to experience the difference.
Markup and Measure
• Add comments, images, symbols, multimedia and more with customizable markup tools
• Embed multiple photos and videos into markups using the iPad camera, as well as image files from the Document Manager or your iPad’s Photo Library
• Save custom markups in the Tool Chest™ for easy reuse, or import your own
• Verify length, area, perimeter, radius and volume measurements
• Access Studio Projects created in Revu on Windows or Mac, and check out and edit Project PDFs, regardless of Internet access
• Start Studio Sessions or join existing ones to collaborate with colleagues in real time
• Chat with and follow any attendee’s view as they markup Session PDFs
• Set attendee permissions such as save, print, markup and add documents
View and Track
• Track all comments placed on PDFs - including author, date and time - with the Markups list
• Sort markups, view Custom Columns and manage which columns are displayed in the Markups list
• Reply to markup comments and change the status of markups in the Markups list
Sync and Navigate
• Sync PDFs or entire folders without interruption from Dropbox, Box, WebDAV, ShareFile and Studio Projects
• Navigate instantly rendered large format, single page PDFs from Studio Projects with Studio Go®
• Rotate, reorder or add/delete pages from the Thumbnails tab
• Add, delete or tap through existing bookmarks in a PDF and search for text
Fixed an issue with pinch to zoom on iOS 15.
Ratings and Reviews
Missing Important Functionality
I am an architect and I have the desktop version of Bluebeam and I love it. However, this app for the iPad is a real lemon in my view, because it is super clunky to use and is missing some important functions to the degree that it is worthless to me, personally. For example, it has the “snapshot” command, but it doesn’t let you “paste” the snapshot into another document, which is the whole point of the command, at least in the way that I use it commonly with the desktop version.
I contacted Bluebeam support about this issue and they confirmed that the snapshot command doesn’t work that way in the iPad version and furthermore, that copying and pasting from one document to another isn’t an option either. The support guy suggested some cumbersome workarounds, and I just gave up on this application. I asked for a refund, but they just referred me to Apple, and Apple refused to give me one.
I’m really flabbergasted that Bluebeam would release such a lame app that has such limited functionality, given that their desktop version is so powerful. While I never expected the iPad to function at the desktop level, I think the lack of cutting and pasting is a HUGE oversight. This app is only good for making some limited mark ups to a document in the field, in a very clunky fashion, and that’s pretty much it.
App has become useless
This app was my go to for field markups/ as-built drawings. I have convinced my company to issue IPads (40+) to all foreman and techs to primarily access this app. The app was always a little clunky but most guys got navigate the basics after a day or so of playing around with the tool bar. Certainly not as robust as the desktop version but did the job. The last few weeks have been rough with constant crashes on all iPads. Errors include “memory too low” or “unable to save”. The app now shuts down unexpectedly every few minutes and will erase all markups from the last save. This is totally unacceptable and make the whole app useless. We have spent too much money on desktop access and app access for this to be ignored. PLEASE FIX BUG.
Now the good. If the app is stable I would highly recommend. 4 out of 5 stars. You lose a few of the features from the desktop version but for field use it is a valuable asset. Blueprint storage in folders, quick sketches, as-builts are awesome. It beats the days of full size paper drawings and colored pencils.
This Architect is looking for options
Update: the app does not work in iOS 13. Crashes constantly. Don’t upgrade, or stop using Revu.
As a professional Architect, I have used BlueBeam for years in the office and in the field. I liked that I could easily get files onto my iPad through the Studio feature, and I liked the ability to create tool sets on the Desktop that would transfer to the iPad app. However, ever since Nametshek bought BlueBeam, there seems to have been a complete lack of support and development for the iPad app. Seriously: not even a release to fix bugs in at least 11 months! Most good apps release bug fixes every week or two. I also see all of the instability issues that the other reviewers mention. Whenever another Architect asks me how I use BlueBeam on the iPad, one of the first things I mention is to Save Often, because the app WILL crash on you regularly. Unfortunately, I haven’t found a good replacement yet, but I am definitely looking. One star for giving up on what could be a great product.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Bluebeam, Inc.
- 95.3 MB
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © Bluebeam, Inc. 2018
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.