The doctor will see you – anywhere, anytime! With BlueCare, a telemedicine service of Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana, you can see a doctor online 24/7, without having to take time off from work or school.
The BlueCare App lets you:
• See doctors from your phone or tablet when you need to – no appointments required
• Save time and money by skipping trips to the ER or urgent care
• Easily get help for non-emergency illnesses like sinus infections, minor stomach trouble, allergies, rashes, bladder infections or the common cold
• Get a prescription or ask questions about your medication
• Choose from a list of BlueCare doctors who are online
• Save information from your member ID card on your first visit, so you can automatically log in to see a doctor
BlueCare is powered by American Well, which provides telemedicine services for Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana and its subsidiaries.
If you use Apple Health, you can choose to share your health information with the provider during your virtual video visit, such as heart rate, blood pressure, body temperature, blood glucose levels, weight, nutritional information and respiratory rate.
We continue to improve the patient experience with these new features:
• Performance enhancements to increase reliability and speed
Ratings and Reviews
Since this is fairly new, at least to me it is, I assumed there would be glitches, take a long time, and more of a headache than just going to the Dr. My son just had his first online visit and it went surprisingly awesome! The Dr. was great, there were no glitches, and it took no time at all. It took 35-40 mins from start to finish. This includes the time it took me to download the app, enter all of my information and my two son’s information, start the online check-in, talk to the Dr. and receive the school excuse and prescription. I don’t foresee myself sitting in a waiting any time soon.
It was super easy, once I turned my phone off and back on. The video portal would not load at first. So my hubby suggested I turn off my phone and turn it back on, and that worked, the video portal loaded..... and the doctor I picked, arrived like a Jeannie, popping out of the bottle to grant my three wishes. Dam I love that App!
I’m so thankful I could avoid the waiting room at urgent care and I’m also so very thankful that I don’t have to panic about getting a doctor’s appt Monday morning. It is nice to start the healing process before the work week.
No Long Wait
I work from home and leave for a trip today and had no time to go to the doctor for a stye that had bothered me for a few days. The wait was maybe 5 minutes and my “visit” was less than 10 minutes. Quick, easy, and affordable! I was able to do this is my home, go right back to work afterwards, and will be able to pick up a prescription on my way out of town.
- Louisiana Health Service and Indemnity Company
- 183.1 MB
Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2015 American Well. All Rights Reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.