The most comprehensive Home Inventory application on the market that will help you make and maintain inventory for any property you own. It lets you organize your belongings in collections, rooms, locations and/or assign one or more tags to each one. It lets you add photos, videos, receipts, manuals, contracts and other documents related to your possessions.
For more details, trial download or videos go to: http://theblueplum.com
• Inventory Items
Add all necessary information related to each item: name, description, year, make, model, serial number, purchase price, annual depreciation rate, heir, warranty...
Assign items to your properties, rooms, and collections. Add custom tags to organize your items into even more categories
• Bulk Import
Quickly import photos or other document types and create new inventory items from a selected folder
Add multiple photos, videos, manuals or other documents to items. Display all of them in a photo album that lets you filter and organize by multiple criteria
• iPhone & iPad
Access your iPhone or iPad photos directly from the Mac application without having to use an external iOS app
Keep maintenance or upgrade journal. Log relevant events – services, taxes...
Schedule one-time or recurring events with optional reminders for any item. Schedule maintenance tasks, tax due dates, warranty expiry, etc. All scheduled events show up on the application's dashboard
• Property management
Add and display more information related to your properties – property manager, Zillow...
Multiple report types. Location, room, collection, and tag filtering for each report. Create reports as PDF files that you can easily view, print, save or email directly from the application. Create Item List, Summary, Comprehensive, Warranty, Estate, Photo album, Insurance, or Loaned items reports. More report types will keep coming with regular updates
• Backup & Restore
All inventory information is kept on your local computer, but keeping your home inventory information off-site is always a good idea. The application lets you back up all data to a single compressed file that can easily be copied to any cloud storage (iCloud, Dropbox, …). You can do that directly from the Mac application without having to resort to some external apps
• Value tracking
You can create periodic value logs (usually on an annual basis) for all the items you want to be tracked. Automatically apply suggested depreciation rates. Display & print charts for your value logs
• Custom fields
If you miss a field or two in your inventory, you can define yours (up to 2 numerical and 2 text fields)
• Continuity Camera - use your iPhone or other iOS devices to scan documents or take a picture of something nearby and transfer it instantly to the application
• Take and transfer photos from our iOS app (if you don't use iCloud)
• Item's property location, room, collection, custom tags
• Purchase price, annual depreciation rate
• Inventory item journals and events
• Estate planning
• Contacts manager
• Insurance, insurance claims
• Track loaned items
• Assign photos, videos or any other type of electronic document to any of your inventory items
• Display items' location on a map (in case you hold multiple properties)
• Track item values, display value history in a chart. Various chart types, custom tag based chart data, ...
• Item values distribution chart – clearly see your most valuable items
• Print or copy to a clipboard any chart
• Dashboard overview of your inventory value, charts, property locations, warranties, and important events
• List of soon to expire warranties
• Multiple reports (item list, summary, comprehensive, warranty, photo album, estate).
• Import data from other applications through CSV files
• Bulk image import
• Export data to CSV and JSON files
• Full data backup & restore
• Tweaked behaviour of bulk document import when document name is left empty and 'Custom name' option was selected.
Ratings and Reviews
A Very Nice Program
I was not sure which program to get from BluePlum so I e-mail the developer, he answered me and recommended the Home Inventory (BluePlum).
I have several collections, use to have the pics in my photos, the description in word and the receipts in another place. This program, I can put all of the above on one page, boy oh boy talk about nice. Wish I found this program sooner. Once you learn how to use it, look for the on the bottom of the page and go from there. Easy to use, just great...
Thank you ....BluePlum
Developer Response ,
Does Well… Have Improvements to Suggest
First, like to say that I really appreciate developers that maintain and upgrade their apps. 5 stars! Second, now that I’ve used the app for a while I have some suggestions for improving the app.
On the Mac side would be nice if:
1) Filtering were improved
- Ability fo filter on multiple tags
- Ability to apply logic to filters, for instance, filter for things NOT in "collection X” or filtering on things that do NOT have tags
- More filtering criteria, say by Date Added to BluePlum, by Recently Synced Items, and so forth
2) A visible count of items in: The Inventory Items List, a room, a collection, a specific tag, etc would be nice (I only see a total count under the “Current value of inventory” at present)
3) Ability to sort by more than name, such as Date Added, Date Purchased, etc
4) Some kind of temporary indicator that shows which items have been recently synced (like the dots on iOS apps that have been recently updated)
5) More / customizable hotkeys
On the iOS side of things, I understand that it is a companion app, but I really wish it were more say an equal to the Mac app. Still, barring that, there are some improvements that I think the iOS app does need.
1) Improved document detection while scanning (similar to the Apple Notes app)
2) Keystone prevention
3) Ability to zoom the camera while scanning
Mac app and companion iOS app do a pretty good job. But both are lacking here and there.
On the Mac side of things…
1) Bulk editing of most of the fields would be a big plus. For instance, if I have a box of music CD’s that I want to tag with “Music Box 1’ I currently have to go through each and every item in the box and add the desired tag to each… individually one at a time! Which is an annoying, slow, and tedious process at present.
2)The map doesn’t work quite right. I understand that the location will be off slightly because GPS and mapping data isn’t 100% accurate. But when I try and fix the location by moving the maps callout icon to where it should belong it doesn’t stay. Also when I zoom in / out or pan the (Locations / Partitions) map the callout icon moves on it’s own. (Does not appear to move in the Location Map next to the Value History Chart)
On the iOS side of things…
1) Why does the iOS app require a purchase date? It’s annoying that I have to put one in only to go to the Mac side and delete them one item at a time! While this wouldn’t be so bad if I could bulk edit on the Mac side, it seems a bit dumb to require a field on the iOS side when it’s not required on the Mac side. Further more, if for some items I don’t remember when I purchased them, I’d honestly rather if there were no date listed at all or if the date could be listed as something more useful like: UNK, Unknown, etc.
2) Why can’t you assign tags to an item directly in the iOS app? Instead I have to go to the Mac app to add tags… again one item at a time.
3) On the subject of fields you can’t edit from the iOS app… why are there so many missing? I can understand that for some people it is nicer to get minimal information in and sync. But for some people, there are fields they’d like to get filled in sooner rather than later lest they forget. Meaning it’d be better to enter information for those fields immediately rather than waiting until a sync happens. Essentially why can’t we choose which fields we want to see on the iOS side?
4) Why can’t you zoom when taking pictures of items in the iOS app?
1) Why isn’t their a read-only creation date / time field to show when something is created? Perhaps there is and we can’t see it? But if that’s the case it doesn’t make a lot of sense. Sometimes being able to see when you’ve made an entry is useful in itself.
Developer Response ,
Thank you again for great suggestions! New features from your list will gradually become part of the application with every new version. Also, the application's support page will soon show a full list of planned new features.
Sorting by purchase date or price already exists - right mouse click on the sort order indicator to see the sorting criteria choice list.
We will try to make suggested improvements in the companion iOS app as well.
Good suggestions, thank you.
Bulk editing added with version 2.12. You can now select multiple items and assign new tags, clear tags, set a location, room, collection or a heir to all selected items at once.
Creation date will be added in the next release.
As for the iOS app, it is a free companion app that is not necessary for operation of this Mac application. Its only purpose is to make transfer of collected item photos to the Mac application easier. There are many other ways to do the same, some even easier than using the companion app. For example, you can let iPhone synchronize
photos through iCloud with the Apple Photos application and then import these images directly from our Mac application.
The iOS companion app was never meant to replace the main Mac inventory application or provide all the features available there.
Stay away from anything by BluePlum. The companion app used for data entry keeps crashing when trying to scan barcodes and there is no way to contact them. The support link literally goes to a page that says: "Comming soon …”. Can’t even spell.
Developer Response ,
You could have contacted us directly from this application or its support page. Also, our web site's 'About' page and application's manual contain our email address. Thank you for reporting the bar code reading problem of our free iOS app (fixed in version 1.5) - we are trying to correct all reported issues as soon as possible.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.