This app allows you to control model trains containing BlueRail boards. YOU MUST HAVE A MODEL TRAIN THAT CONTAINS EITHER A BLUERAIL, BLUERAILDCC, or EZ APP LOCO TO ENJOY THIS APP. Allows for control of multiple trains from over 100 feet with your iOS device. Please enjoy your BlueRail Train.
1) Added support for additional decoder types MTH PS3, 256 CV, 512 CV
2) Function panel moved to left side of train control screen, to allow access to all functions while running train without having to close panel.
3) Voltage is now displayed on train control screen
4) Increased viewing scale on the settings screens for easier viewing on small screens
5) Stop button has been switched from "Emergency Stop" to a "Speed=0" (so it will now respect any deceleration in CV4). Use "Stop All" to stop loco immediately.
6) Tsunami diesel/steam decoders now have an "audition" button for horn/bell in CV settings page (CVs 120 and 122) to allow audio preview of selected sound.
7) CV read improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Great potential; expect developer to continue to add capabilities.
This app is a variation of the Bachmann E-Z App with additional features to support the Blue Horse board such as lights and accessories. I have two of those boards from the initial shipment installed in small O-scale locomotives. Yes, they work and yes, they are easy to set up and control, however there seems to be a difference between the apps in the way power management is implemented.
What I have found is that there is a great difference between the two apps when starting up a locomotive: the E-Z App starts and works as expected; the Blue Rail app goes into 'overload shutdown' under the same conditions wth less than 100ma current at 16V. My tests were made under controlled conditions and measured with a Keysight 34465A bench multimeter.
I'm posting here because there is no support available as of June 9 other than the basic user manual.
It is possible that the app is sensing back EMF whereas the E-Z App is simply feeding power, but if the board is that sophisticated, some detailed information and technical support might be nice.
Posting an issue on fb will get quick attention and support. RTFM first as always. Great support for the issue in this review.
trade this app on my iPad air two and my iPhone 11 and neither would connect to the board even though the green light came on.
I've been anxiously waiting for the Bluetooth boards to come out and they were worth the wait! The app user interface is simple and easy to use but still allows for customization (whistles, horns, ect). Looking forward to coming advances. Thanks Blue Rail Trains! 🚂
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- BlueRail Trains LLC
- 71.7 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 BlueRail Trains LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.