An encyclopedia for all those eager to learn the basics of blues lead guitar and who want to discover how the legends build their solos. 115+ riffs from 16 masters.
Sample app for Blues Masters #1. “...seeing [this] app made my jaw drop for the first time in a decade.” —HP Newquist, former Editor-in-Chief, GUITAR magazine
An encyclopedia for all those eager to learn the basics of blues lead guitar and who want to discover how the legends build their solos.
“The Blues Guitar app created by [G-Men Productions] is so full of enjoyable and entertaining elements that it is sure to inspire everyone who uses it to grab the nearest guitar and start playing. They’ve taken the age-old process of teaching guitar and infused it with stunning animation, sound, photos, and video.… Those who already play guitar will not be able to resist using the app to learn more, and those who don’t play will want to run out and find a guitar just to be part of the digital world that [they] have built. I’ve been writing about the guitar, and playing it, for more years than I care to count, but seeing [this] app made my jaw drop for the first time in a decade.”
—HP Newquist, former Editor-in-Chief, GUITAR magazine; Executive Director, The National GUITAR Museum; author, “The Way They Play” Guitar Series
Learn 10 of the 115+ authentic riffs from eight of the 16 masters of the blues guitar that are featured in the paid version (Blues Masters #1). These riffs are designed to sound great over each portion of the blues progression. They're presented (using notes and tab with audio and animation) in two measure chunks—organized by where they fall in the standard 12-bar progression. Some riffs also feature video instruction. You can enrich your blues vocabulary and assemble your own solos with authentic licks as played by eight of the best Blues Masters.
The Blues Masters #1 app is an encyclopedia for all those eager to learn the basics of blues lead guitar and who want to discover how the legends build their solos.
FEATURES OF THIS VERSION:
• Audio with text commentary for each riff
• Video instruction for 1 riff
• Notes and tab, with animation, shows you what to play for each riff
• Slow down each riff, without changing its pitch, to 3/4 or 1/2 speed to help you learn it
• Add your favorite licks to your “Hot List” for convenient retrieval
• See a Bio page for each artist with the ability to listen to each of their licks, sorted by its place in the 12-bar progression; if you like a riff, tap on it to go straight from the Bio page to the Music page to learn it
• A Hot List page for assembling your own 12-bar Hot List solo; choose six 2-bar licks sorted by lick number or artist to create a 12-bar solo and then play it as if the greats were trading licks with each other
• Animate the whole progression while playing one of two backing tracks so you can play them with your own rhythm section (you can slow this down too!)
• Share your progress on social media or message
• Everything is included; no Wi-Fi streaming is required
• The ability to purchase all of the content in the paid version and/or more instruction videos
• Licks from Duane Allman – Dickey Betts – Eric Clapton – Warren Haynes – Albert King - B.B. King – Stevie Ray Vaughan – Leslie West
ADDITIONAL FEATURES IN THE PAID VERSION:
• 109 more licks by the original 8 artists PLUS 8 more artists: Wayne Bennett – Kenny Burrell - Albert Collins – Sammy Lawhorn – Gary Moore – Jack Pearson - T-Bone Walker – Zakk Wylde
• Video instruction for 14 more riffs
• A fun spinner to randomly select an artist and riff
• A built-in tuner with clickable strings to help you tune your guitar
This app was produced by Cherry Lane Music Company, a leader in music instruction, and by G-Men Productions.
Bug fixes and performance and security enhancements.
Ratings and Reviews
In app purchase does not work
Took my money and about an hour of my time...but the app does not switch to the paid version after you pay. Oh smack...guess it actually DID teach me the blues.
I tried the free version, and liked it. So I sprung for the full one. I was concerned at first because it flaked out for the first few minutes that I used it. I think it was still loading!
No trouble since then. It's a great and useful app that I can take with me anywhere. Great licks, and very well presented for easy learning. Highly recommended!
Great freebie app for blues guitar players
This is a very polished application. Even though it's a promo for the full blown version, it includes a dozen or so really useful blues licks by SRV, Clapton, BB King and more. Great quality audio, clear tablature that shows where you are and a couple of good videos. Only one complaint: don't overlook the basics like saying what key it's in (G) or what pentatonic form is being used.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- G-Men Productions, LLC
- 758.7 MB
- Requires iPadOS 12.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © Copyright 2011 G-Men Productions. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Blues Masters #1 Upgrade to Complete Original Content $11.99
- Three Note-By-Note Instruction Videos (Vaughan / A. King / West) $1.99
- Three Note-By-Note Instruction Videos (A. King / Clapton / Clapton) $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.