Connect to your Pocket Cinema Camera 4K / 6K and Ursa Mini Pro right from your iPhone or iPad in one universal app.
Using the built-in Bluetooth in your camera, BMD Bluetooth Control+ gives you the ability to wirelessly control the following functions:
- Follow Focus (limited support for EF Mount cameras). See below for more info
- Record Start/Stop
- White Balance, including 5 helpful presets and Auto White Balance
- Green/Magenta Tint
- Trigger Autofocus (for supported electronic lenses with autofocus enabled on lens)
- Off-speed frame rates
- Aperture (for supported electronic lenses)
- Shutter Angle
- Active Card
- Power On/Off
- Monitor Overalys
- Codec & Resolution
- Enter metadata in the Digital Slate (including location data from your iPhone or iPad if you give permission)
- Control Lock - locks critical controls while recording, preventing accidental settings changes during takes
-- Follow Focus --
You can now pull focus wirelessly right from your iPhone or iPad. There are some limitations outlined below.
- Currently only fully supports Pocket 4K, but as of v1.4 we now have limited support for EF mount cameras - Pocket 6K, Ursa Mini Pro G1 & G2
- The camera does not supply the app with any information on the lenses current focus distance, so the app will not update in real time if you pull focus manually on the lens
- Due to the nature of bluetooth, focus pulls may not be 100% smooth. It works well for nice slow pulls, but fast pulls my not feel entirely natural and organic. Unfortunately this is a limitation of the available technology.
- On EF mount cameras, we can only offset focus from its current position, with no broader knowledge of where the lens is in its focus range. This means that focus marks are not possible. In addition, focus pulls on EF mount cameras can be quite jerky depending on the lens in use.
-- Slate-Only Mode --
As the name suggests, this feature locks the app into Slate-Only mode, without the ability to change critical camera settings or start/stop recording. This means you can let an assistant keep metadata up to date without the fear of interfering with important camera settings.
As always, a big thanks to all our users, and for those providing feedback. This update has some key improvements, including:
- Limited Focus support for EF mount cameras
- Due to hardware limitations, it is only possible to offset focus relative to its current position, so setting focus marks is not possible
- Smoothness of the focus will depend on the lens in use. Some EF lenses can be quite jerky
- This feature is primarily useful setting focus before shooting, and may not be smooth enough to pull focus during a take
- Much improved UI, with tabbed navigation and…
- Mini Menu
- See key settings all in one place
- Tap a setting to jump its page
- Just swipe to hide/show the menu
- A new setting to lock controls while recording
- A number of bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Wow! Learned the app within minutes
This is very useful and the simplicity is remarkable. I almost never write reviews but I really like this app. Great work! It’s very telling of the developer(s) when the app works so well and is able to deliver results but also if the app can be understood without a long manual. This is one of those apps that don’t require a manual. I think the most useful feature for me is the focus and how smoothly I’m able to change it. I have a pocket 6k and I would totally love a way to be able to “program” focus moves or predefined setups. I think that’s one of the features that is very needed. I know it can only be done relative to the current focus but I’d love to be able to save a focus stop and then go back to it smoothly. Thanks guys!
Fantastic, a request!
Just checking in to see if an update might be coming regarding focus pulling controls. Would be super helpful still! Even as a paid add on. Thanks!
Love this app, this is my new favorite way of pulling focus when on a shoulder rig. Two request that would make a huge difference for the focus pulling aspect:
1 - It would be amazing if the sensitivity of the focus pulling could be adjustable by the end user. Using it on my phone means that a small distance on screen can result in a pretty big throw and I would love the ability to dial that back
2 - if the focus screen could react to slides on a wider surface area, possibly the entire screen that would be helpful for eyes-off operation of the focus pull. The current slider is so tiny that if I am not looking it is easy to miss.
Otherwise the app is fantastic, been a real life saver. If the functionality ever makes monitoring possible this would be the biggest thing since sliced bread.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the review and the suggestions!
Will definitely be taking your thoughts into account for the next release. Not 100% sure at this point if it will all be incorporated, but I’ll do some experimenting and see how it feels
120 fps won't stop recording
(Update) the developer fixed the issue with "record not working" within a week and added a follow focus which is pretty great
(OLD)There's an issue with my bmpcc4k. When I'm shooting 120 fps, the record button the app work for the start of the recording but not for ending the recording. This is a big issue when using a slider because I have to chace the camera in order to manually stop recording.
Developer Response ,
Hi, please contact support - firstname.lastname@example.org - and we’ll sort out the issue
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.