Bluff 21, also known as Mexicali or Mexican, is a simple but fun party game based on bluffing, where being caught in a lie means being punished, usually by having to drink a shot.
Learn how to bluff and remember - trust no one!
The game is great fun at any party. It is originally played using a cup, two dice, and a coaster that get passed around the table. With this app, you can leave your cup and the dice at home.
* Advanced motion detector recognises the way you shake the phone. Try an up-and-down vs. a left-and-right shake
* Dice animate under the cup
* NEW in v. 1.2: Create your own cup coasters and share screenshots on FB!
* Authentic sound
* Crisp original graphics and animations with up to 401 ppi on iPhone 6 Plus and iPhone 7 Plus
* No cheating by the receiving player is possible without being seen
* Change scenes and coasters
* For two or more players
* No ads or in-app purchases
The first player rolls the dice (shakes the phone), then peeks under the cup to see the score of the combined two dice. Only the player knows what's under the cup. The player then claims a score, for example, “forty-one”, before passing the cup carefully over to the next player. Rolls are scored by using the higher die as 10s and the lower die as 1s. For example, a roll of 3 and 5 would be 53. Doubles (e.g. 11, 22, ..., 66) are higher than 65, and a special roll 2-1 is called a twenty-one (or a “Mexican”) and is the highest, higher than 66.
The next player has two choices. If he believes the previous player, he cannot look at the result, but instead must roll the dice and MUST claim a higher scoring roll, even if it’s not true, and pass the phone over to the next player. If he doesn’t believe the previous player, he opens the cup, revealing the last roll to everyone. Either the bluffer (=previous player if he/she was caught in a lie) or incorrect challenger (=current player that opened the cup) loses!
More detailed rules and other interesting facts are found in-app.
Graphic design by Tomaz Kosat & Andrej Miksic
** Some less common playing variants may NOT be supported.
** In some cultures, the game is played as a drinking game. It is just as fun without drinking alcohol.
** This is NOT a dice version of a Blackjack game.
- Custom cup coasters! Use your photos or snap a picture to make your own coasters.
- A few bug fixes.
- German localisation fixed. Thanks for the feedback (Danke, Brigitte!).
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Good, but definitely potential
This app is a good start, but to be great it needs updates.
There is no "counting" of rights and wrongs. Naturally you would need to input the number one person claims to have as well as get all players into the app.
The design is good and the simple things work as thy should.
- Andrej Miksic
- 48.5 MB
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, German, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2016 byMik
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.