Blur is the best password manager and digital wallet because it protects your complete identity. Like any password manager, Blur securely remembers your passwords, automatically fills them in and generates new strong passwords. But Blur also generates unique private email addresses, phone #’s, and one-time use credit cards to keep you secure wherever you go.
Better than a password manager: Blur secures ALL the personal
information you put online - making it fast and easy to login and
checkout from your browser, phone or tablet. Now with Touch ID!
PC Magazine - Editor's Choice - "There's nothing else quite like it. If you're concerned about online privacy, give Blur a try."
( * * * * * ) 5 Stars - CNET
#2 on CNET’s best password managers + digital wallets
#13 Top 50 Tech products - PC World
#18 in Business Insider's 2015 Top 25 companies revolutionizing retail
BLUR IS THE CLEAR CHOICE FOR:
Stop forgetting passwords and generate tough-to-crack new ones:
- Creates strong encrypted passwords in one click - even for sites you
already have logins for
- Saves, encrypts and organizes your passwords. Logs you in fast.
- Works seamlessly across your iPhone, iPad and browser
- Access your data from home, work or on the road (but please, not
- Use Touch ID and other iPhone 6 features to login even faster
A site you’ve shopped gets hacked and your logins and passwords are
stolen in the data breach? No problem: your credit card info won’t
even be there:
- Shop online without ever giving out your credit card to merchants (yup!)
- Masked Cards let you pay using new disposable credit cards (like
Paypal, but better)
- Auto-fill your real encrypted credit card, billing, and address info
for fast checkouts, when you choose
- Charges show up as Abine, Inc. on your statement to protect your
privacy (that’s what we do)
A best-in-class password only you know protects your account
information from anyone, even us.
- Passwords and key data are secured with AES-256 encryption
- Separate keys are used for authentication/authorization and data encryption
- Encryption keys are stored using host-proof hosting
- Encrypted data is stored using optional personal storage accounts
FREE and PREMIUM
Most features are free and unlimited, but you get more with a premium
- Free: password management, masked emails, and private browsing with
- Premium: masked credit cards, a new private masked phone numbers, backup
and sync, and expedited premium support
Abine is the world leader in consumer data security. Our technology is
built to defend your privacy in new and better ways others do not. We
have operated for over five years with a single mission and business
model: to protect your privacy. It’s all we do.
- Our services are used by millions daily
- Our team is made up of data security experts (check us out)
- We encourage you to check out our amazing reviews
- We welcome and regularly share our source code with security and
- We’re transparent about what data we need store where and how it can
could possibly make it
Let us know what you think - we're always listening at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Protect your accounts from Passcode Theft and SIM Swap Account Takeover scams
SIM swap fraud - where scammers get access to password resets on your accounts - is on the rise, and Blur is the only solution on the market to offer protection against this rising threat!
The latest version update includes:
- 2FA protection
- One-time passcode protection
- SIM Swap protection
Let Blur protect autofill your 2FA codes.
This means even if someone stole your number, they would never be able get the OTP code in order to log in to your accounts.
The latest update also includes bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Good, but not great
Blur affords access to a service that is, unfortunately, essential with the email masking and does it for free. The interface, though, is, to me, super clunky.
Partly because of its clunkiness and partly because I have other apps and solutions that I’ve been using comfortably and reliably for years, I haven’t explored much beyond the email masking. If that’s all the app did, I’d be fine with it. And, to be honest, I’d prefer it. It feels cluttered and awkward to have all the features in the single app instead of how some other developers have more of a suite of apps that can work together. I won’t use the browser because it’s not a standalone browser. Same for the password manager. It doesn’t seem like all that much, but it’s extra layers of stuff to get to what is already a couple of extra layers. I would consider upgrading to the paid tier if I could generate fresh phone numbers at will, the same as the email masking, but it looks like it’s limited to just a single number. But, I also don’t know how much of a logistical, legal, or financial complication that would be.
Ultimately, I highly recommend this app. It’s not the prettiest or easiest to use, but it gets a job done and seems to do it solidly when it comes to the email masking.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the feedback! We're working on addressing some of the issues you've mentioned in our upcoming releases of Blur on iOS. The phone Masking is limited to one phone number per Blur account, but you can always change the shielded phone number that is being "Masked" - i.e. you can switch the phone number that you want your calls and texts forwarded to between multiple phone numbers at any time.
Good so far
Been using this and like it so far, just a few suggestions are make the delete button further away than the view password option as not to accidentally delete a password when looking at it and also that all the font makes all the lowercase L’s look like uppercase i’s which can be confusing when manually typing or manually backing up passwords. Also I use the app but also had the browser extension and deleted the extension temporarily but thought by passwords were fine by just logging into the site but apparently they disappeared? Good thing I backed them up manually and still had them on the phone app I guess but they shouldn’t have disappeared from the site when we have actual login accounts on there. I thought I would be able to login and access them if needed rather than using the app or browser extension even without it synced or backed up.
With the risk of identity theft and credit card scams on the rise, Blur steps in to set those worries at ease. With a user friendly interface, it allows you to set up a string of e-mails and passwords to your frequented sites with private information that would make it impossible for anyone to hack into. Not only that, but it also provides you with the ability to mask your credit cards all under a single number. Just simply set a spending amount and Blur sets it up like a pre-paid card! That’s a feature that definitely makes me as a user feel a lot more comfortable providing sensitive information. With the surplus of features in the free subscription, the premium comes with even more. The ability to mask your phone number was one that stuck out the most. If you’re not comfortable giving out your real phone number, Blur will generate one for you to assist you in avoiding pesky telemarketers and also allow you to make private phone calls. All in all, Blur is an app that was designed for convenience and made to put the daily consumer’s mind at ease when it comes to the online marketplace and I would highly recommended it for everyone.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the support!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Abine, Inc.
- 30.5 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2021 Abine, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Blur Premium 1 Year $39.99
- Blur Premium 1 Year Discount $19.99
- Blur Premium 3 Year $79.99
- DoNotTrackMe Premium $4.99
- DNT Premium 1 Year Discount $19.99
- Blur Premium 2 Year $59.99
- DNT Premium 1 Year $39.99
- DoNotTrackMe Premium $44.99
- DNT Premium 3 Years $79.99
- DNT Premium Lifetime $119.99