bmGlyph - bitmap font generator.
bmGlyph is a tool which allow you to create nice bitmap fonts and use it in your game or application. (a bitmap font generator with a font atlas). Multiple resolution export with the same project, and support most of all frameworks including SpriteKit.
- Shaded material, color, glossy, gradient, or even import your own texture.
- Builtin textures
- Select fonts from your system or import any font file.
- Font replacement for the missing characters
- Cast Shadow with custom color and opacity. Inner or Outer shadow.
- Stroke with desired color / gradient and width. Inner, Outer or Center stroke. Miter/Round/Bevel style.
- Miter adjustment
- Work on selected glyphs only allows you to change the color or texture of each glyph.
- Preview mode: see how it render on different screens, or import (drag&drop) your own background.
- Customizable publish settings: add as much as targets as you want (ipadhd, ipad, iphone retina ...), customize all the parameters (suffixes, scale etc...)
- AutoSize: finds the best texture size automatically.
- Export the preview text as a PNG file.
- Kerning support
- Hundreds of charset presets
- Bounding box adjustment & preview
- Fixed width
- Align on grid, and same bounding box height
- Configuration wizard
- SpriteBuilder support
- zoom in texture and preview mode
- iPhone 6 resolution support
Once published, the bitmap and the atlas font file can be used with the most famous game framework: spritekit, cocos2d, corona, sparrow, unity/ezgui... (bmfont format, xml)
Stop wasting your time designing yourself your text or creating multilangages version of the same button: start using bmGlyph !
- better app game kit support (export filenames)
- new option: draw space char (especially useful for app game kit)
- fixed the 'space width' parameter (was incorrectly loaded form a saved project)
Ratings and Reviews
Great tool if you're looking for a bitmap font editor. Even works with the html5 Phaser 3 engine using the Sparrow/Starling format!
So far this tool has been nothing short of awesome for making bitmap font sheets for use in Unity. I'd say that if I could get any features I'd add some options for filters (like blurs) and the ability to import some of the output types (like an FNT) and have it recreate the settings as best it can (font family and size is really all I care about) just in case I forget to save the project.
Regardless it's still a great tool for any game developer. :)
I chose this over Glyph Designer because it did what I needed for 1/4 of the price. I am using it to design bitmap fonts for a Corona SDK app and it works great. The only problem I've had is that sometimes when I change the "File Name" field on the Publish screen, the change doesn't stick and I have to open the file in a text editor to change the value.
The developer, Stéphane QUERAUD, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Stephane Queraud
- 15.8 MB
- Developer Tools
- Requires macOS 10.7 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Stéphane QUERAUD
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.