Board Cam transforms your iOS device* in an enhanced document camera or a whiteboard. Perform live dynamic presentations of objects, interact with images stored in your device, draw on a whiteboard or over video streaming** without changing of application... while you record videos! Record outstanding tutorials and how to videos. What you do is what they see.
Just connect your iOS device* to an external video output and focus an object with the built-in device camera, select an image from the device's photo library, make a draft on the whiteboard or load a live video stream. Whatever you do on the screen will be shown to your audience. Use your fingers as pointers, place labels and draw over the screen image. Do you want to distribute your exposition or share it with others? No problem. Best of all is that you can record a video!
Are you a teacher looking for a way to show a live experiment to your crowded class? Are you a seller that wants to make a live display of your products to a huge audience? Are you real state agent that wants to create a tour video in a property? Looking for the perfect tool to record a how-to video? Just want record funny videos? Then this app is for you.
Board Cam is an ideal app for educational environments. You can use it to show on your classroom TV or projector what you are doing on your teacher table or show a graph or photo while you point, draw, label, etc. on the image or the app's whiteboard. Also, you can use it to record educational videos for distribution among your students. Kids will love this app for drawing on everything that surrounds them and recording videos of their creations.
Record virtual tours wherever you want. You can use Board Cam interaction tools to highlight features while you comment them.
Live interact with the image of an object to show its details to a broad audience.
Recording hands-on videos with Board Cam is simply the best way to share how-to instructions.
And, of course, you can use Board Cam just for fun and draw whatever you want over the image, record it and share your video with your friends.
* some features are not available on all the devices, please check the features list bellow.
** Video Streaming mode is compatible only with Apple's HTTP Live Streaming (HLS) protocol. That doesn't include YouTube videos.
- Interaction with the camera image, an image from you Photo Library, a customizable color whiteboard or HLS** compatible video streaming using highly customizable pointers, connected pointers, labels and freehand drawing.
- Your drawing sequence is automatically saved, and you can replay it later step by step.
- Video output through cable using video mirroring or Apple TV using AirPlay mirroring (check your device specifications to see which cable adapters and Apple TV generation are compatible with your device's video mirroring or airplay mirroring features).
- Video and audio recording (except in video streaming mode).
- Video camera image freezing and digital zoom.
- Use the front or back camera.
- Save all your work in different sessions for later use.
- Controls can be hidden to make the most of the screen space.
- Label storage for later use.
- Built-in user manual.
Also for iPad:
- Fast pointer and drawing customization controls.
- Make live video presentations of objects, images stored on your device or using a whiteboard (only on devices supporting external video output through cable or Apple TV).
- Record augmented reality videos.
- Prepare your presentations ahead and store your work.
- Bugs fixed
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great app - needs an update.
The teachers at my school use this app and love it. I definitely recommend it to teachers as a way to demonstrate concepts to students. IPadOS 13 seems to have caused an issue with how it interacts with the camera, however. It still works streaming but if you try to freeze the screen or insert a picture from the camera roll it goes black. Please fix it!
Developer Response ,
Thanks for letting me know about this problem. The last update (version 2.2.3) should fix that and other issues.
Great program, exactly what I was looking for. It does crash though and I would like to be able to stream video and pause video that is on the iPad itself. I have yet to try it out on my Apple TV. Also maybe the ability to stream video from iTouch or local network IP camera so that you not trying to capture video with the big iPad.
This has a ton of possible applications in education. The description said Education discounts, but I didn't see where or how to get one. That's OK, it looks like it will be worth the $10.00.
A pause button would be a MAJOR plus. If I am in the field grabbing video, the ability to pause and not edit like crazy when I get back, would be great. Or perhaps giving a student some video based feedback, again, a pause button would rocket this app into stardom.
Like I said, a ton of possibilities. Now it is time to play around with it more.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Juan Luis Herrera Cortijo
- 16.6 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Juan Luis Herrera Cortijo. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.