The Board Feet Easy Calculator is a simple, and easy to use, application for calculating board feet. If you don't work with wood then this application is of no use to you. If you do have the need to calculate board feet, this easy to use calculator may be just what you're looking for. Simply enter the length, width, and thickness, and the calculator will tell you the board feet for the given dimensions. Optionally, you can specify the number of pieces, a waste percentage, and the cost per board foot, and the calculator will produce the total board feet, the board feet including waste, and the total cost.
Although there are other free board feet calculators - and I've tried them all - they either did not have all the options I needed, and/or had user interface quirks. So, I created my own. I use this calculator often and find it handy, so I want to share it with any other woodworkers that need an easy to use board feet calculator.
Upgraded for iOS 11.
By popular demand the app itself remains unchanged and as simple as ever. It should be instantly familiar as the user interface has been kept the same (other than the UI changes made by Apple in the new operating system). So the functionality remains exactly the same as the original.
This version requires iOS 8 or newer, so users with older iOS versions should continue to use version 2.0.1 as it is functionally the same.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Could be really great with a few additions
This is a great app and does exactly what I need it to. A few additional features though and it could be a work horse.
1) notes. I'd like to add notes to the projects section. Ex: wood species, project timeline, just general stuff. Even just a notes area, basic
2) cvs export option? Email or share option?
3) user input / species save mode. If I know my suppliers wood prices, let me add that to a database for easy grabbing later. Ex: Acme Wood Products Soft Maple Rough milled = $3.10 / BF , let me just grab that from a list and go. If the price changes let me edit it on my own.
4) maybe add photos to project notes area?
Just some ideas for you guys!
I am a furniture maker and use this appet to calculate all my lumber BF requirements and the cost. A couple additional features would great.
1. A field in each entry to identify wood species.
2. The ability to make entries for sheet goods which are generally sold by the piece not BF.
3. In the project section it be great if there was a way to calculate total project cost.
Again, this is a great app and does what it is designed to do very well. These few additions would make it an outstanding app for my purposes. It would definitely be worth paying a reasonable price (define reasonable, right :-) ) for an app with these features.
Easy to use and great for any woodworker
Enjoying the App, but if possible could there be a button on the project page for numerical or alphabetical order? Or the ability to move them ourselves without deleting?
It’s great overall but when you have 100 species of wood and can’t find that one you are looking for because you add project once item comes in but then can’t find it months later because you added 20+ more species.
Just a suggestion, I would definitely enjoy that in next update if possible.
Recommending app to fellow wood workers.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.