Sailing Log is a revolutionary automated marine logbook and nautical GPS. Compatible for sail and motor boats alike, Sailing Log by Boatbook, will automatically recognize your voyage upon start and save your routes for you.
Sailing Log enables you to get real time data and review your sail performance - before, after and during the sail. Sail swiftly with the best in charting standard technology, review the sea and ocean conditions, get data on your heading, speed and wind - all in one stand alone and independent professional sailing application.
Our user friendly design is super intuitive and the app's interface enables a highly professional and fun experience throughout your sail.
• Automatic recording of your sail
• Live worldwide maps and sea charts. Constantly updated by the best in GPS and mapping technologies
• Real time sailing data at any point of your sail, cruise and voyage
• Review your heading, speed and distance throughout the sail
• Mark your waypoints and tag them by type of event
• Log back to any leg of your voyage to look up your stats at past points
• Sailing Log automatically saves your sailing route so you can log back to historic routes and review the sail at any time
• Compatible for yachts, motor boats and sail boats
Sailing Log allows you to benefit from both professional boating standards and brilliant user experience. Take your sail to the next level with Boatbook’s technology.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Sailing Log is optimized such that it will not run while you are not moving.
Full Digital LogBook for Your Boat!
• Automatic generated data
• Log both sea & land entries
• Set future entries with reminders
• Full cloud backup
• Access from both mobile & web
With Marine Logbook monthly auto renewable subscription you will be granted full access to marine logs from your sails, both custom and automatic.
• $2.99/m billed monthly
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase \n• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when purchasing the subscription
Major bug fixes dealing with incorrect recording of the sail route.
Ratings and Reviews
Needs more work
So it's a bit annoying that the trip algorithm thinks that every time I cross a bridge I deserve congratulations on sailing, and it's twice as annoying that every time I try to delete that trip the app crashes. And for this I get the dubious award of 5 free log book entries...? Needs more work.
The app seems towork really well, but they were not upfront about pricing. I just don’t do reoccurring charges that automatically renew. I would rather pay up front, and even so 36$/year is too rich for my blood.
Customer service is very responsive if you have issues. App works great. It’s just don’t have the ability to make notes which is a big downside but they are fixing that
- Boatbook Ltd.
- 149.6 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © BoatBook LTD
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.