WHAT IS SKIPPER?
Skipper is a modern iOS app that allows you to automate your marine logbook, keep a permanent record of your sailing or boating activity and share your coastal cruises with your friends and family. The user friendly design is super intuitive: Skipper is simple enough to be used by amateurs, yet powerful enough to be used by professional skippers in conjunction with boat instruments. If you love sailing or boating, Skipper is the perfect app! You can even use it for windsurfing, kitesurfing, kayaking and more!
SAIL AND RECORD
- Monitor your nautical activities in real-time with your iPhone or iPad’s GPS, even when you’re offline.
- See trip data like elapsed time, trip distance, current course and speed.
- Autostart recording on movement (when your current speed is above a minimum specified speed).
- Track your exact position with built-in maps (provided by Apple).
- Automatically and securely store all your trips so you can access your entire sailing & boating history from your device. This enables you to measure and review your sail performances over time. You can save all your routes offline on your device.
- Import activities from GPX files. Handy if you are already using another application to record all your activities and if you don't want to lose your navigation history.
- Export your adventures as GPX or KML files for quick importing in other applications (Google Earth & Google Maps for example).
- Show friends and family where you’ve been by sharing your trips on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, email or text message.
- See detailed stats around your trips: total number of navigations, average speed, total sailed distance, and total navigated duration.
- Keep track of your records: maximal trip duration, longest trip distance or top speed.
- No additional sensor needed, just grab your device and embark! However, Skipper cannot be used as replacement for Automatic Identification System (AIS).
- Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease your device’s battery life: it is recommend to connect the device to a power outlet.
- The GPS works independently from an active Internet connexion.
- An Internet connection is required to download weather forecast and maps.
- Maps provided by Apple.
- Seamarks provided by OpenSeaMap.
- Email: email@example.com
- Facebook: http://facebook.com/skipperapp
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/AppSkipper
Love Skipper? Please take a moment to share your thoughts on the App Store after each update!
I'm excited to announce that I'm rebuilding the app from the ground up and plan to release the new version very soon.
Please note that some features may initially be missing, but I'll be adding most of them back with each subsequent update.
This approach was necessary to give Skipper a fresh start.
In this update:
• Fixed: general bug fixes.
Thanks for using Skipper!
I greatly value your feedback and comments. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know what you think of this update!
Ratings and Reviews
Pretty good so far!
I am a novice paddler. I have only used the app a couple of time and it does pretty much everything I hoped it would. However it did shut down when I stopped in one place for a while to watch a school of fish on the surface. I may have to adjust the settings to account for longer sightseeing stops. That may earn it the 5th star once I figure it all out!!!
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the review of Skipper! And thanks for the feedback on the autosave feature. I will take it into account and see if / how I can integrate it in my application in a future version. Feel free to contact me at email@example.com if you have other suggestions.
So Far the set up is pretty easy! I have made suggestions that the developers add other chat formats such as iOS messages. There are many people like myself that prefer not to join into the facebook or twitter platforms. That being said I’m not able to use messenger unless I join facebook.
I’m getting this all ready though we are still shopping for that perfect new chapter in our lives. Our boat is to become our new home. We will sell our home and become permanent live aboard.
So as time draws nearer and we find our new home we will be updating our review of this app. For our records and for insurance purposes this app will be used for many different purposes. I shall tell everyone just how well this app can handle everything. So Far So Good!!
Very pleased with this app
I used the app to log my voyages in the last couple of weeks and I am very impressed. Easy to use and accurate. It would be nice if there was the possibility to upload photos in the log.
Developer Response ,
Thank you very much for this feedback! I am happy to read that you are enjoying using my app to track your voyages. Regarding your request to add photos to a record, I’ll add it to the wishlist.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Axel Le Pennec
- 19.5 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Axel Le Pennec