Two great tools in one easy to use App.
Easy way to calculate Bolt Shear and Tension Strength; and Bearing Strength at Bolt Holes.
The design follows the AISC Specification for Structural Steel Buildings.
• AISC 13th Edition and 14th Edition
• Design Method: ASD and LRFD.
• Unit System: US Customary and Metric.
• Shear only and tension only strengths are calculated per section J3.6
• Combined tension and shear in bearing-type connections is calculated per section J3.7
• Bearing strength at bolt holes is calculated per section J3.10. Bearing strength based on edge distance and bolt spacing.
• Available Bolts: ASTM A307, A325, A490, F1852, F2280
• Available connected materials: ASTM A36, A529 Gr 50 & 55, A572 Gr 42, 50, 55, 60 & 65, A588 Gr 42, 46 & 50
• Email button to send results shown on screen.
• The help button shows instructions and a glossary of terms used in the design.
This application does NOT collect, share nor store any personal information.
The information presented in this application is for general information only. While it is believed to be accurate, this information should not be used or relied upon for any specific application without competent professional examination and verification of its accuracy, suitability, and applicability by a licensed professional engineer, designer, or architect.
Minor issues and bugs fixed.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Perfect app for a quick and reliable bearing and shear check.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.