The Bolt app is the tool you need to complete your last mile of travel in the city. With this app, you have access to pickup the e-scooter nearest to you, Bolt around and park anywhere in the city.
Micro-mobility is the new, sustainable form of transportation created to reduce your dependency on cars and need to search for a parking spot.
We are available in many US cities and expanding to Europe soon.
Need more information? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This app does use your phone’s GPS which can decrease the battery life.
-Various stability improvements and bug fixes.
-We love hearing from our customers, please drop us a line in-app via help chat or email@example.com
Ratings and Reviews
This is easily the worst of the scooter rental apps. The account creation is a little odd, they put a $5 hold on your card, and most crucially, the scooters they have to rent, at least in my area, seem dangerously unstable when riding.
They’re a weird design where you stand astride the scooter on a pair of wing-like paddles instead of riding it with both feet on a central board like most competitors. This makes for a pretty wobbly ride. Also the scooters have a speedlock such that, if you’re pushing the accelerator and going downhill, the scooter will actually brake in order to ensure that you’re only ever going 10mph. While I’m sure that’s a nice regulatory compliance feature, it makes for a more dangerous ride, in my opinion.
All this aside, I gave two stars because they don’t make you take a picture of your parking job, like most of the competitors do.
Good experience all around
I’ve used 3–4 different escooters and their apps many times over the past eight months. Bolt was easy to set up, I liked the option to use Apple Pay. The scooter was fast and seemed well-engineered.
The only thing I didn’t like about their scooters is one’s stance on the two “paddles”—it just didn’t seem as stable as standing on a single platform. The stance is also more Segway-like (kinda dorky) than with others which seem more fun/sporty. But I’ll still use them, but will be more cautious.
You need to change a lot of stuff to be able to compete with other products.
1. If you’re new to a city, you should make the login process as simple as possible. With your competitions, it took me 2 minutes to create an account, confirm it, add a card, and ride. It took absolutely forever to get your app going.
2. Having an auto brake capability at like 10.5 mph was arguably the worst possible thing I’ve ever seen. The fact that you’re breaking for me while I go downhill is terrible. If I want to brake, I’ll use the one on the scooter.
3. You had a typo/bug in your welcome screen. I automatically didn’t create an account for 3 weeks after downloading the app because of this.
4. Don’t make me deposit $5 in your app just so I can ride the scooter. I’m linking a card to your app. Just use that money when I finish the ride.
I don’t think I’m ever using this again. I would 100% rather walk for 20 minutes than ride your scooter that wouldn’t get me there in much less time.
- Bytelogics Inc Apps
- 85 MB
Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2019 Bolt Mobility Corporation
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.