You can dramatically broaden service desk reach with the new BeyondTrust iOS Customer Client. Employees and end users with popular iOS-powered mobile devices can get the fullest support they need to be more productive while mobile. Support reps can securely chat, co-browse a web site or app on the end user's mobile device, view screen shots that the end user captures, and even push status updates to mobile employees and end users right from the BeyondTrust Rep Console.
• Secure Session Chat – Use BeyondTrust to chat in real-time with mobile users to better understand the issue, transfer files, and view the device’s system information.
• Screen Co-Browsing – Support reps using BeyondTrust can see the same web sites and web apps that the end user is actively viewing on their mobile device, offering immediate guidance to troubleshoot the issue.
• Screen Snapshot Viewing – End users can share captured screen shots of issues with their support rep, to further collaborate on the challenges they may face with their mobile device.
• Push Web Updates – Support reps can push URLs to end users containing key status updates and system configuration profiles to rapidly resolve the issue.
Note: The BeyondTrust iOS Customer Client works with existing BeyondTrust installations with version 15.2.1 or greater and support sites with trusted CA-signed certificates.
* Bomgar iOS Customer Client is now the BeyondTrust iOS Customer Client.
* Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Crashes. A lot.
I've used this on the desktop and it was fine. On the app though, it constantly crashes, which is terrible when you're working with direct user interactions with customer support. Having to reconnect is a pain, especially if you don't know when the app is going to crash again. It can definitely amplify customer problems.
Upgrade Appliance to 18.2.7 and then it worked on iOS 12
We had no problem getting it to work with iOS 11.
iOS 12 would work if we followed the guidance for iOS 11 but did not work for the guidance for iOS 12
We upgraded appliances to the latest 18.2.7 and now the iOS 12 guidance works and is much less cumbersome to initiate a session with a simple click of the screen sharing icon within the app.
Screen share only works on iPhone and not iPads as advertised
Really wanted to like the newest version. But even after following all the setup stuff, it only works with iOS 11.x iPhone. Constantly disconnects when using iPad on iOS 11.x. Support Tech suggested we use iPhones instead. Really?
- 19.5 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © BeyondTrust Corporation, 2019
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.